Chapter 11

"Gally wait!" I called out as I caught up to him

"Not now Flora!" He said with his back to me, now at a walking pace

"Gally, what's wrong? Why did you suddenly walk out like that?" I walked ahead and managed to stop him from walking any more further. "Please talk to me..." 

He let out a frustrated sigh. Eyes still avoiding me. Mumbling something. My brows furrowed for a moment. Not catching what he just said to me.

"What?"

"Why did you go into the maze?!" Raising his voice a bit, his gaze now met with mine. I suddenly lost my voice. Not knowing what to say to him after hearing his question.

"What the hell were you thinking?! You know the rules Flora! Things could have gone wrong! You could have gotten hurt!" He continued

"So could have the rest! But we're back, safe and sound, right before sundown Gally." I talked back. Nostrils flaring. My calm self slowly fading away.

Gally ran a hand through his hair. Frustrated. He took a deep breath and looked at me once more. His lips pressed together in a flat line.

"You're so reckless." He said, shaking his head

"I just wanted to see what the maze was like outside the glade!" I explained, Gally didn't seem satisfied with my reason

"So what?! So you could get yourself stung?!"

"Wha-No! Of course not!" I scoffed at his reply, a bit off guard "I don't understand why you're getting so worked up with this!"

He rose his eyebrows, scoffing "No? Then please Flora, do enlighten me. Do tell me why you decided to go into the maze?" He said with sarcasm.

I'm trying my best not to snap at him right now. And also deciding whether or not it's because of the dreams I've been having lately.

"I already told you! I wanted to see the maze!"

"Yeah, the maze I specifically told you to not go in for these past years!"

We kept arguing back and forth in harsh whispers

"But we found a clue Gally! An actual shucking clue that none of us could have found if it weren't for Thomas!"

"Don't mention that shank's name!"

"Why?! What is your problem with him?!"

I asked him impatiently, we were both a few metres apart, I pointed a finger to his chest as I lost my temper. We stared each other down. Gally was about to open his mouth but got interrupted by Winston who walked in on us.

"Uh guys?"

"What?!" We both said simultaneously at him as we turned to him, which caused him to flinch a bit before slowly approaching us "Sorry...."

I calmed down for a moment, taking a deep breath and focused on him, Gally did the same, I'm actually a bit grateful that Winston walked in, the arguement could have gotten out of hand, and I think it's best me and Gally calm down a bit before talking again later on.

"No, it's fine Winston, what is it?" I asked him

"Clint and Jeff sent me to find you...It's about the girl..."

My eyes widened a bit, knowing what he's about to say

"She's awake?" Winston nodded, I looked at Gally for a second, who was still frowning a bit but nodded in understanding as if to tell me that I should go handle that first, I turned back to Winston