ONE

"What do you think of this guy, Nene-chan?" You shove a thin magazine in front of the said person, tilting your head at the girl. You studied her almost blank face that hid behind a magazine of her own. She glances up for a quick second before snapping her eyes back up a second time as her eyes caught the sight of the photo. It was like any other day that brought many hours of torturous educational lectures, this certain time—was lunch, meaning no cursed teachers and despite being so focused on the person in front of you who gladly spent her time with you, your ears picked up the soft tricking of water outside the window. It was soothing, almost distracting.

Her eyes suddenly widen and a large grin stretches across her face as she hastily grabs the magazine from your hands. Pink flowered on her cheeks. You could easily tell the passionate obsession by a glance at her eyes.

"He's so handsome! Gosh!" She breathed, raking her thirsty eyes over the picture like a desperate fan girl taking in a rare expiring view. "American boys, I swear." She muttered, counting the quick beats of her heart, remembering her little "game" on which famous boy could make her heart completely race. She was definitely obsessed but to be fair, Nene had nothing but time.

"America's overrated." You nibbled on your fingertip, eyeing the girl that you sat with in the empty classroom. It was complete silence besides the squeals that Nene created. You were leaned back with your arms crossed. Your E/C blue eyes boring into the girl.

"He lives in Chica-"

She, all of a sudden cut you off with a loud gasp. You blinked, startled. What now? Was that a, "I just saw a cute guy," gasp or, "I just thought of a cute guy," gasp? It was hard to distinguish them but seeing that Nene had almost hearts for eyes and looking past you, gasp number one could be the winner.

"It's Daisuke-san!" She whispered to you.

Your knit your brows together, offended she cut you off because of him. You hold in a sneer and turn to look over to the door then affix your eyes on a tall guy with brown hair and green eyes, he walked over to you with an utmost serious face. His resemblance to you was nowhere near and for that, you had god to thank.

"Oh, hey." You flick your wrist at him and force a smile just like the one that crawled up his face. You hold a stare, you and him but with Nene around, both of you contained the urge to smack one another.

"Fangirling again?" He placed his hands on top of your table, leaning in while giving you a knowing look.

Nene blushes in embarrassment, unaware of the dark look you and him gave each other. "H-hi, Daisuke-san." She said shyly, fidgeting with the hems of her skirt. You almost gagged. He gave her a small nod, only acknowledging her presence and nothing more. You set your jaw, annoyed with the male for being—being SUCH a bitc-

"What do you want?" You ask, crossing your arms on top of your desk. You wanted him gone. He needed to go. It was lunch. Your time to enjoy time alone without this man being around.

"Just came to check up on you. I brought you your favorite drink." He placed the drink on your desk and leaned back, watching your eyes scan the canned soda. You bite the inside of your cheek and a smirk crawled up his face.

How can you say no to a tasty sip?

Tempting.

He ruffled your hair and stood back up. He gave Nene a smile and turned on his heel before walking out with his hands in his pocket, leaving without a single glance or mutter. A pest is what he was. Always randomly checking up on you and leaving as fast as he showed up.

"He's my older brother!" Your nose scrunches in disgust. "Why do you like him? Imma throw up rainbows."

"He's so cute and nice!" She whined, hiding her face in the palms of her hand's. You noticed the brims of her ears reddening into a deep cherry red. What did she see in him? Is it his tall height? You bet your life it was the height.

"You're taste in guys become weirder by the day." You retort and take the can, popping it open with the inside sizzling with its sugary contents.

She heaved out a disappointed sigh, catching you off guard. Usually, she would say something motivational about her plan to get a guy but that sigh didn't sound motivational. Sweat tricked down the side of your face in worry. Did you break her?

How do I fix her?!

The call of a female human in need of girl support. That's what it was. You hadn't the slightest clue of such thing.

"I'm not as popular as you or Aoi-chan, he wouldn't like me." She mumbled, peeking at you through her fingers.

Your smile slips. Popular as you? That wasn't accurate.

"I'm not popular, Nene." You pull her hands away from her face. She was frowning. "I'm just known, doesn't mean I'm popular."

Daisuke was the popular one, meanwhile, you were only "popular" for being his sister. Despite the rumors you both share, he climbed up on the popularity poll and you had guessed that it was because he was a guy.

"Oh! Look, this guy's handsome too." She smiled sheepishly at the magazine she picked up in less than a second. You narrow your eyes at her, not impressed in the slightest. The quick change of topic was very noticeable.

"No, this guy is cuter." Well, it was her life. There was nothing you can do but expose Daisuke and you knew that was out of the question. Too many consequences.

"He looks scary."

"I like the edge." You turn the page with a grin. You weren't a sucker for bad boys but sometimes, they were some eye candy, it made you gush at the thought.

"You should know though, that edge can be sharp. I won't ever get with a bad boy. My future kids will be blond, polite and be the smartest in their class." She said. Her eyes twinkled at the contemplation. "Oh, the cute kids." She sighed happily, cupping her cheeks that reddened by the second. "Daisuke would definitely make cute babies!"

You choke on your saliva and your wide eyes stare at her in disbelief. Your nose scrunched up in disgust once again. Her thinking of having babies with your brother was just disturbing. She really knew how to flip a conversation. "He's not even blond." You muttered.

"Who wants kids anyways?" You huff. Kids are cute and all until they explode. Your family, with its long bloodline of extreme anger could only be bad news. You wouldn't be able to deal with devilish kids with anger issues. Your mom almost went crazy with you and Daisuke.

She pauses, bewildered by your words. "You don't want kids?!" She snapped her head up at you. You balanced a pencil on your upper lip and shrug.

The idea of baby's crying, changing stinky diapers, and then watching them grow up to be moody teenagers wasn't ideal in your book.

"Um...no." You mutter, focusing on the balancing the pencil but it didn't stay up for long. The wooden stick fell to the ground and you glare at it like it was it's fault for not being able to be properly balanced.

Propping your elbow on your desk, you rest your chin on your the palms of your hands.

"I really don't."

It's not like having kids would mean complete happiness.

"Did you hear?"

"The cursed kids?"

"What?"

"Those two Amano siblings, there are sooo many rumors on them. I was there when a fire broke out in their home."

"The Fire? Oh, I remember. Wasn't the father killed?"

"No. The father was murdered."

"By a ghost? I heard they're exorcists."

"You're stupid, bye."

"W-Wait!"