FOUR

"Hanako-san?" Your eyes locked on his small and not intimidating form. Was it maybe just possible that Hanako was real? That a ghost assumed you be a girl was really just gender-swapped?

"You got it." He chuckled and gently slapped his hands on your cheeks, grinning wider in amusement.

"You're actually real?" You asked, almost breathlessly. It wasn't possible, you spent your entire life rejecting your family's belief and here it was, in front of your face, laughing and mocking you.

The dark-haired boy eyed you questionably, there was something about you that was just so very familiar.

"Of course, would you like to feel?" He cocked his head, smirking slightly. He didn't get the reaction he had expected. Your face remained it's cool tone color, no red running across your face. He pouted.

"How about a punch?" You utter but loud enough to where he heard.

"You can call me Hanako-kun, I grant a wish for whoever summons me and take one thing as payment." He explained and stood up. "You got one, right? Tell me your wish." He asked, he could see your eyes glancing around the room, gears turning to figure out your answer.

"So demanding." You said but it was only to buy you time. You had no idea on what to wish. Did you really want to waste it on other people just so mere rumors could stop? It sounded like a waste.

He sweat dropped. "Demanding?"

"Hush, I'm trying to think." You stand up, patting down your skirt. He watched you as you made your way to the sink, turning the faucet on before indulging your hands into the warm water.

"You're really odd you kno—"

"Thank you." You cut him off causing an awkward atmosphere between you both. You didn't want to be called odd by a ghost, it would mentally kill you.

"All right, tell me your name!" He continued with a smile. The dark-haired boy saw you turn to face him, giving him a better vision on your figure. The the array of eyelashes that loomed over your eyes fluttered every once in a while as you pondered on telling him your name.

Your resemblance someone and the name was at the tip of his tongue.

"My names Amano Yua-"

And there it was, the name, finally clicking in, his breath hitches in his throat, becoming speechless as he realized he stood in front of the breed of two former acquaintances.

"Amano?" He cut you off in surprise, eyes enlarging at the familiar surname.

"Yes?"

He looked down at his notepad and stayed silent, letting the racing thoughts drown everything around him, including you. What...a small world. He thought, never in a billion years would he think to meet you.

"Is...Amano Harold your father?" He glanced up and caught the way your body tensed at the name, how your eyes flashed darkly as the smile on your face faltered. He almost smiled, knowing exactly that look.

"Hm?" You hum, eyes half-lidded in irritation as you glance away, trying to hide the clear distaste that his name brought. You were caught off guard.

"Is Amano Harold your father?" He repeats. Growing interested in your reaction since it was one he didn't expect.

"I mean, yeah, I-um..."

"No wonder you look so familiar!" He threw his head back and laughed, cutting you from your stuttering. Seeing the apparition laugh at the situation, you couldn't help but feel stressed and irritated by his comment.

He floated closer to you after finishing his laughing fit but a smirk plastered on his face. One of the few expressions he seemed to master and show the most.

"Wow. You have his eyes." He smiled apathetically, ignoring the irritation that washed your face. He intertwined his fingers behind his back. "Your resemblance is nowhere close, though." He mumbled. "You look more like..."

Hanako scanned your body from head to toe, making you shift in your position, uncomfortable by his stare. He observed you but only found your hair color similar to the person in mind.

"Like no one." He didn't realize all of this was pushing your buttons, that your hands were clenched so hard that your nails were drawing blood. You didn't like how you were being compared, not one bit.

"I take after my grandma" You murmur, ripping a minimum amount of flesh from your lip in fear of his knowledge on your father but in irritation from his knowledge on your father.

"Of course you do." He voiced and walked closer to you. His hands came up to cup your cheeks once again. "Same eye color as Harold." His voice lowered as you stood like a statue, holding your breath as he rubbed your cheeks softly with his thumbs. The harmless action sent your heart racing, blood rushing up your cheeks but you had one question that you desperately needed to be answered.

"How do you know Harold?" You shake your head and move back, letting his hands drop back down. The wall behind you stopped you from giving yourself any more space.

"If I ask you for a favor, would you do it?" He ignored your question.

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?"

He chuckled and floated to the sink, sitting on it with a perfect posture. His amber orbs took in every little detail of your face, to every beauty mark or freckle, to the lashes towering over your head.

"Maybe, but you don't have a wish, and I do! Be a dear and switch your non-existent wish for my real one." He smirked. "Will you grant me the wish that I always yearned for?" He pouted and batted his eyelashes at you, locked fingers underneath his chin.

He cocked his head to the side and waited, feeling confident in his prediction of your answer, after all, he's been alive for more than two of your life spans.

"No need to be scared." His pout transformed into a reassuring smile that did in fact work, it calmed your nerves, eased your thoughts. You weren't going to lie and say you trusted this apparition because you didn't but, he made you flustered.

"What's the wish?"

"I'm so glad you asked!" He giggled at your attentive stare.

"I want to share a bond! Connected in this world and the next!" Hanako motioned you to come closer which you did.

"What do you say?"

"Why?" You narrow your eyes in mistrust and suspicion.

He grabbed his chin and gently hummed. "You see, sharing a bond would make me feel more...human." He grinned at the thought, feeling more human, that almost made him break character with a laugh. Fortunately for him, it seems like you took that into consideration as your eyes dropped in pity. Liking the expression, he smirked triumphantly, knowing he had just won you over.

And what you said next, proved your naiveness, the one you've always denied. You didn't feel unsafe with Hanako-Kun, maybe a bit of fear but you didn't think he would harm you.

So just like that, without knowing or caring for the consequences, you agreed.

"Sure. As long as you answer all of my questions." You fiddled with the bow etched to your dress. Not taking a moment, Hanako instantly brightened at your words and, like a bullet, charged at you before wrapping his arms and legs around you.

"That's great!"

"Let go!"

"We're gonna have so much fun together, Yua!!!"