TWENTY-SEVEN

/I honestly think this chapter wasn't the greatest but I wanted to at least post something. Online school is so time consuming;(\

-

How long...till they noticed you? You eyed the duo in front of you that for some reason, didn't notice your figure by the door.

You finally found a door you recognized as the art room but when you opened the door, you saw this unfolding scene in front of you. Arrays of dizzying thoughts pierced your brain and for a split second, you felt numb.

Your lips peeled apart to allow air in.

Your black choppy haired apparition stood in front of a girl that wasn't you, she shared no resemblance to you but even with the far off appearance, you recognized her oddly enough.

You knew her.

Keiko.

"Hanako." She grabbed his hands, intertwining her fingers that were coated with dry paint with his. He looked away almost painfully, furrowing his brows with a frown resting on his face. Your heart throbbed at the image. It wasn't an expression suited for him. "Look at me...please." She pleaded softly. You saw his hands tremble lightly.

"I told you. Harold doesn't know. He won't ever know. As long as I give and you take, the contract still remains." She smiled and brought a hand to caress his cheek. He flinched and took a step back, shaking his head, lips parting to speak but in the end, they just closed.

She let her hand fall to her side in disappointment. Blinking in somewhat annoyance.

"No." He croaked, keeping his gaze down. "I don't want it just to be a contract! I've asked you a million times why...you say things to me...while being with him!"

You watched Keiko's chest rise, then slowly fall. Her expression was nowhere near the one you grew up with, she looked so lively, you weren't used to it. "Hanako, I love you." She told him. Once again, he flinched along with you. Disturbing couldn't describe all the feelings you were experiencing. Your mother...and Hanako, it was...what's the word?

"Only you." She reassured.

"Really?" A broken chuckle left his lips. "Because," he looked down at her, grabbing the end of his hat and pushing it up to reveal his amber eyes. "You told the exact same thing to Harold.

Keiko's eyes narrowed. "And you think I meant it? I would never! I risk my life every day for you!" She rushed forward and grabbed his hands again, this time, tightly with pleading eyes, pitifully. "Don't doubt me because I'll make sure to walk out!" She declared.

Hanako threw his hand back with a loud groan and he pulled back, running his hands down his face. "Of course I believe you, Keiko...I'm just jealous."

Jealous.

Your hand slowly made its way to your chest where you felt a dull throb.

"Really? Don't be. There's nothing to be jealous of of." She paused, eyes peeking at the sound of a click. She turned to the door and saw Harold wallow in with a large grin. Sweat trickled down the side of her face and she forced a smile.

You looked for Hanako but he was no longer there. You were now hiding in a closet, the smell of paint burning your nose with its chemically scented aroma.

"What are you doing here? We have a date after school, I was looking for you."

"Sorry, I forgot about my homework."

"Your face is pale, how much energy did you give that bastard?"

You leaned closer to the closet door. The world energy danced in your head with its unfamiliarity. Energy? Was it possible to give some actual energy? By now, everything seemed possible.

"Let's just go...please."

They left together in silence, hand in hand with two very obvious expressions that couldn't be any more worlds apart. Keiko held such a strained smile and yet, Harold, even at such a young, still intimidated you, held the biggest grin.

You walk out the closet you were hiding, letting out the breath you were holding in. "A soap-opera...basically." You shook your head, trying to clear out the awful images. "My mind needs to be cleansed." Your Mom, Dad, Hanako. What a twisted soap-opera.

"Did you just come from the closet? Don't tell, there isn't a guy there too, right?"

You look up and saw the apparition staring at you in amusement, smiling at you with...zero recognition.

You swallow, unsure of what to say. You take a step back, nibbling at the bottom of your lip. "That would be a miracle." You utter. Hanako heard and chuckled at the pessimist comment.

The boy lowered to the ground. "Mind telling me how you can see me?"

"Who was that girl?" You blurt out sternly. "It doesn't look like things are going well." Your eyes narrow suspiciously.

"Who are you?" His eyes also narrowed.

"Who was that guy?" You cross your arms.

"Are you a new student?"

"Are you having an affair with that girl?"

"What the heck lady!! Who are you!?" He finally snapped. His hands flew up, exasperated by this question exchange. "Why are you asking so many questions?" Hanako scoffed to himself, muttering incoherent curses. Doing the same, you roll your eyes and walk past him. Heading to the large window.

So many thoughts clouded your head, the situation brought your mood down, everything wasn't explainable. Your hands curled into a fist and they clenched. Irritation bubbled inside of you.

"What did Harold mean when he said energy?" Your hands rested on the window sill, eyeing the different but similar scenery. "I can see you because I'm related to Keiko, now. Hanako, answer my question." You glance at his reflection through the mirror.

"How are you related to Ke—"

"Answer my question first, Hanako." Your jaw locks. One question, that's it. You just wanted one question to be answered and if it wasn't, you don't know how you would take it.

"Keiko wouldn't...want me to tell you."

You turned on your heel and glared at him, catching him off guard. Even this Hanako couldn't tell you anything important or different. "Are you serious?!" You snap. It was the same obvious unwanted answers.

You take a step forward, hands clenched but jolt back when one of Hanako's Hakujoudai curls around you. "What the heck?"

"Is that my...Hakujoudai?" The Hanako in front of you questioned, eyes widened in shock. You look over to him and connect his amber orbs with yours. Blowing out a puff of hair, you said. "Keiko's giving you some type of energy, isn't she?

"W-What?"

"Found you." Hanako's voice echos through your ears. You give the Hanako in front of you a small wave and to his surprise,

You vanish.