SEVEN

You sat with your legs crossed in the middle of the empty hallway, fingers tugging at the small threads sticking out your dress.

Hanako floated behind you with his legs mimicking yours. He gently rubbed your hair with a damp towel with such concentration and murmured gibberish wording.

"Last time I checked, soda goes in your mouth, not on your head."

Listening but not responding, you pull your knees up to your chest. Candy was littered around you, different colors ranging from yellow to green, to blue, to orange, etc. The Mokke chatted along with themselves, digging into the bag of candy while you watched them carefully. It was entertaining and comforting in a sense.

They were so cute. They were tiny pink bunny like apparitions but...glob like; just eating candy, absolutely adorable.

Hanako eyes you in confusion, not understanding your lack of speech. You might've been quiet but never unresponsive to him.

"I'm surprised you found them by yourself. I guess you really are thirsty for trouble." He teased regardless, hoping to get something out of you. You deadpan and shake your head before glancing up at him to see Hanako grinning down at you.

"Fine then, tell me at least how did this happen anyways? Was it some naughty interaction with a lover?" He pouted. "That would hurt my feelings, Yua."

What kinky activity involves soda?

You look back down. You didn't want to know what thoughts ran through his head. Not even a glimpse would you like to see.

"I was joking Yua. You wouldn't have a boyfriend...right?" He flew in front of you and knelt down. He briskly grabbed your face into his hands, forcing you to make eye contact with him. "Stop." Your voice came out muffled. He really did like grabbing your face.

"What happened?" His eyes narrow.

"Are you planning on doing something?" You nibble on your bottom lip. His face shifted to confusion. Of course, he couldn't do anything about your situation. He stayed silent and you felt his cold fingers twitch. You didn't want him to do anything, this was just a small test.

You scoff with a small smile. "Then don't worry about it. It's not that serious. This won't ever happen again." You grab his hands and pull them away from your face, placing them on his side. He stared, unsure of what exactly just happened.

"Are you sure?"

No.

"Yeah."

"Great! I have a favor!

Yippie.

Obviously, this is was your fault. Not opening up by choice, it was silly to say he was at fault but you did kinda hope he didn't give up so soon, it would've been a little cute.

"The Mokke's aren't normally aggressive and don't attack humans but..." He trailed.

Your eyes made their way to a Mokke, a darker pink one with one eyeball.

Odd. But cute. Your mouth lifted into a small smile. Not believing they could be so aggressive but you did see it with your own eyes.

"We did not want to kill you." One of the Mokke spoke. "But our story changed. We could not help it."

Hanako was no longer in front of you but to your side standing up.

"What do you mean story?" You ask them, unfolding your legs while leaning forward.

"They mean rumors. Most apparition can't go against the rumors about them. Rumors humans spread get exaggerated and change over time." Explained Hanako. "No matter what they become, Apparitions have to act accordingly. Apparitions who don't match up to their rumors will eventually vanish from the living world."