TWELVE

You froze at the desperate calls from "Misaki".

Your face fell into a crestfallen expression. This was emotional manipulation, you weren't stupid enough to not understand that, you're just not strong enough to stop it.

They can't keep doing this to you.  A little voice told you and you couldn't help but agree.

You looked to Hanako for any advice, any hints, anything on what you should do but he didn't even have his eyes on you. His jaw was clenched and his hands were busying gripping a rope that held "Misaki" back.

"If you break my Yorishiro, I won't be able to make Misaki!" The second school wonder cried out. "I've been working on Misaki for so long!"

There it was. The sympathy. No matter who the apparition was, they always found a way to make you feel completely sad. Feel completely conflicted with yourself and you hated how easily you fell for it. Your bottom lip quivered, eyes stinging stung.

You stepped back, ready to complete your run up the stairs but before you could turn around. The female wonder yelled out a name that caught both Hanako and you off guard.

"KEIKO!"

Something inside you finally snapped.

Of course another apparition knows your mother.

Why did they know your parents? How? So many questions ran through your head and no one bothered to answer them.

"What...did you say?" You asked in almost a whisper. By the look on Hanako, the shock and hurt, you knew that name meant something to him as well. He couldn't have made it any more obvious.

"Just...don't break my Yorishiro and I'll tell you everything!" Number two bargained in hopes of actually getting into the teenagers small naive head. And it was tempting.

"About Keiko. Your mother."

So...very tempting.

"She's lying, she doesn't know anything about her. Just go!" Hanako grunted. His eyes flashed dangerously and you noticed the rope tightening, digging into the second wonders skin. Your lips parted to say something but closed, feeling speechless in the end.

"Don't you trust me?"

Your eyes went round, head snapping towards Hanako who spoke softly. He smiled at you. The smile itself being warm, gentle and caring enough to make you flinch and hesitantly nod.

So easy to manipulate.

"Scissors?"

They were small scissors with a talisman on, other than that, they were completely ordinary but you had no clue if these were the Yorishiro or not.

Your trembling fingers picked at the corner of the paper and you peeled it off completely. Your breathing stopped, the air being suddenly sucked out from her and everything around her broke like shattered glass, the walls of the reality she was in breaking down.

"NO!"

You whirled around apprehensively only see the giant scissor so close to you, ready to cut you in half.

You almost cried in relief as the male apparition blocked the scissors with a knife, saving your behind from being two Yua's.

"Number two of the Seven Wonders of the school, Misaki stairs, you have abandoned your duty." Hanako spoke with a cold authoritarian voice.

You stools frozen , petrified at the sight,

Hanako stabbing Number two through the chest.

"I'll need you to return your number."

Vision vision and blurring, you stumbled back, black spots covering your sight. You tripped over your feet and everything turned black.

~

"You're awake!"

Your eye sight was blocked by a mop of black hair, big gleaming amber eyes staring down at you with a grin spreading across his face.

"Hanako..."

"Hiya!!"

You pushed yourself up, looking around in confusion until your eyes landed on a small fox and he quickly caught on. "Oh, this is the Misaki's true-"

"Hanako-Kun." You cut him off softly.

He stared at you for what seemed to be an eternity but really, it was three seconds, it just felt like that since the question you wanted to ask was no doubt going to be uncomfortable for him, which didn't make sense.

"What do you know about my dad? My mom? And how?"

His face dropped into a cold look, intimidating, making you look at the floor. The sudden change caught you in surprise.

"I...I can't tell you, at least not yet."

You slowly took in his response.

So a no?

"What's the point in this bond then?!" You snapped. Angry at the boy for keeping so much from you, it couldn't be helped you wanted to beat the ghost out of him.

You stood up but stumbled as vertigo hit you like a truck with no mercy but before he could help, you stabilized yourself and sent him a glare.

"You agreed to answer my questions if I became bounded to you and even if you didn't, I probably would've agreed without me getting anything in return, because you said-"

"Yua. This isn't the time."

"THAT, it made you feel more human." Your voice cracked against your will. "I felt sorry for you."

Before he could respond, you beat him to it.

"I had a wish, Hanako." You said, connect your eyes with his.

"To get everyone's minds erased about some accident." You clenched your hands but he only looked away, his face now shadowed by his hat, staying silent.

The fire; his powers, everyone could've forgotten about that but you were stupid and missed the chance, now stuck in an empty deal.

"Do you not trust me?"

Deep down, you hoped he would say yes. Say something that would keep that little light of hope inside you going.

"Are you done?"

The light was now gone.

"Because you're getting really annoying."

He didn't bother in sugar-coating his harsh words. Almost as if an arrow has been shot through your heart, breaking it to pieces, you stared, baffled.

"If you're not going to tell me...Then I guess I really am done."