TWENTY-TWO

/Sorry this took a while. I've taken a small break, been doing my homework, doing some drivers test thingy. I've been busy, lmao but I'm back./

"Don't bother me unless the house is on fire." You mumble, fixing your eyes on the mirror in front of you. A messy bun rested on your head but the more you looked at it, the more it looked like a mess rather than a bun.

Waking up in a good mood was what you needed; a break from all the drama and mystery that had entered your life recently. There was nothing that could ruin this great day.

"You haven't hung out with anyone at school lately," Daisuke interjected from your bedroom door.

Just when you thought he had finally left you alone.

"So?" You clench your fist along with your eyes. "I like my alone time thank you very much."

"Did you make any new friends?"

"More unnecessary companions?" You rose a brow. A very irrelevant question, suspicious of him to ask. The year was almost over, surely no student would enter a school this late and if they did, why would you want to make more friends when you already had to deal with a Daisuke fan-club on your ass twenty-four-seven.

Daisuke pressed further, not satisfied with your response. "I really shouldn't have asked since it's so clear that you didn't. Even if no one talks about it, they all know about the fire-"

The room echoed with a glass shattering noise which effectively shut him up. "Can you just shut the fuck up." You snap and run a hand down your face in frustration, ignoring the liquid dripping from your knuckles. "You're always in my business!!" You throw a nearby brush at the male, your teeth gritting exasperatedly.

"Your hand. It's bleeding."  Daisuke stifled a laugh, dodging the incoming object.

With his said words, you lock your gaze on your hand and grimace at the blood that coated your knuckles, dripping down in crimson.

Shit.

Focusing solely on the pain, your vision blurred but you quickly wipe away the vulnerability before it rained. The pain was bearable but the stinging burned by the second.

Your eyes flickered to Daisuke. He was smirking, proudly in fact. A sense of calm washed over you, the anger in your system disappearing leaving you with a somewhat relief type of feeling.

"Get me some gauzes you fucktart." You demanded softly.

He left obediently without a word and you were left to stare at the vacant spot he had occupied earlier with questions on why he was being so obedient.

You finally arrive at school with your lips pressed into thin lines, ignoring the curious glances. Your gauze was messily wrapped and blood seeped through the fabric.

"Look, I told you. Her family is dangerous."

"Woah. Guess the rumors are true."

"Do you think Daisuke-senpai is like her?"

"Of course not. Don't assume such silly things."

You studied your shameful gauze, ignoring the loud whispers around you. It took so much of your strength to not yell and shut them up.

You couldn't even blame Daisuke since his provocation wasn't enough to actually anger anyone. The unwanted attention was your own issue for getting easily frustrated.

"What happened to your hand?" Nene asked, walking next to you with a smile plastered on her face.

You shrug, sending her a smile before separating from her as you took your seat which luckily for you was on the opposite side of the room from her.