SIXTEEN

You held onto your dress with a deep blush on your face. Kamome Academy was filled with surprises, just earlier you thought your normal geeky-looking Sensei was human but he happened to turn out to be the next hot spider-man.

"This book's red." Your supposedly Sensei pointed to the book that held everything about your life. It was dripping red and you almost forgot that it was Kou who opened it up. "Don't tell me, you read the future?" He brought you close and left Kou dangling upside down further away. Did he think you read it? You came in wondering about your parent's past, not knowing you could even read the future so it was absurd to be accused of something so silly. Your book contained everything you know about and you could always find out about the future, that book was in no interest to you.

You shook your pale face rapidly. You were more focused on keeping your dress closely your body as your stockings only went to your thighs.

"Oh? So you weren't curious about your life?" He hummed and brought Kou closer. "Well now." He said to Kou who still kept struggling.

Your eyes widen as the spider guy grabs a butterfly by the wings, his sharp-pointed tongue slithering out before completely eating the butterfly, you watch his defined Adam's-apple bob up and down as he swallows the butterfly to your disgust.

You might've found him attractive if he didn't just eat a butterfly.

He licked his lips and smirked, his pointy teeth now being visible. It wasn't terrifying, in honesty, you might've squealed if it wasn't for your situation.

"....What should I do with you?" He said in his deep husky like voice.

You and Kou both shriek, you much surprised that Kou actually shrieked...shrieked.

Tough guy, huh? You thought in amusement but you understood where his fear was coming from so you really couldn't come after him.

"Oh?" The butterfly eater looked back to his side, feeling a tug by the one he almost forgot about. Hanako looked up at the butterfly eater.

"Don't tease them." Smiled Hanako but it looked...rather empty, dark in a way.

He sighed. "Yeah, yeah. I know, Number Seven-Sama." He dropped us and you hiss at the moment your butt came in contact with the hard ground. "I won't touch our boss's guest."

Wasn't that too late now?

You let Kou do the talking as you patted down your dress and pressed down to get rid of the wrinkles.

"And it's manger, Tsuchigomori." You hear Hanako say. Kou smiled down at you and extended his hand out for you to take, before you could take it, arms slither under your own, and pull you up to your feet before you could take Kou's hand.

You look up in confusion and see Hanako smiling down at you.

"Hi?" You giggle, unaware of the looks you received from Kou and Tsuchigomori. Hanako, ready to respond to you was beaten by Kou's faster pace.

"I can't believe he's not human." Kou asked.

"It's pretty common." Spoke Tsuchigomori with a sigh. "We apparition's can't exist if rumors about us die out. It's important to spread your own rumors. Some of your friends might not even be human either."

You take in the information and share a glance with Kou. "Now that I think about it..." You start, catching everyone's attention.

"There is this one kid who's always picking his nose. I thought maybe that's just how he acted but he's always mumbling and eyeing girls, but it's all about him picking his nose, that's the most disturbing."

"Picking his nose is the most disturbing?" Hanako eyed me in disbelief. "He's a peeping Tom! You should be careful!"

"Oh, I know who you're talking about Senpai. Yeah, he's definitely weird, I caught him staring inside the girl's bathroom one time." Kou said. Picking your nose wasn't the weirdest thing but he did remember catching the boy doing his pervy activities.

"Really? So did I!"

"Enough." Tsuchigomori's eyes hardened into a cold glare. "No, he's not some apparition. Unfortunately, I know who you're talking about." He mumbled.

"Actually." You look at Hanako in confusion. "Isn't that dangerous to have them hidden like students?"

He grins. "It's no big deal, we're here to make sure it's safe."

Right on cue, Yako jumps in and you decide to not question it. It was freaky that you were becoming so used to these type of things.

"Yako-San?" Kou questioned. "What are you doing here?" You didn't know that Kou knew her but a lot could've happened while you were temporally gone.

"I was summoned by Number Seven-Sama."

"So basically, we might scare humans, but we seven heroes work together to keep the peace of this school." Hanako explained. "I'm the leader!"

There were many questions running through your head and you were frankly surprised Hanako was the leader. Tsuchigomori seemed like the intimidating leader that could easily take charge but you weren't one to judge.

Hanako might look cute but you've seen him look scary to the point where you feel your blood run cold.

"There's only three of you." Kou pointed out. "Wait, if Yako is apart of keeping peace here, why was she attacking students a few days ago?" You join in. You clearly remember her trying to attack you.

Your tilt your head and look past Hanako. "They don't even seem to get along." You say, watching them growl at each other like lions.

"Not a single thing you said was right!" Kou exclaimed, unimpressed at the sight.

"Oh, you guys." Hanako smiles at them but he pauses and his face turns into a dark blank smile with his knife gleaming close to his face.

"Work. Together."

"Yes, sir."