EIGHTEEN

You didn't dare speak. No way, with your ears becoming red to the naked eye and your palms warming up, you didn't speak.

Hanako was too comfortable with you. It didn't do any good for your heart.

"Well, Number Seven-Sama?" Asked Tsuchigomori with a smirk. "Can't you trust me?"

Trust. That word was just so infuriating. You didn't trust anyone and that was changing until your argument with Hanako. Just bringing that argument up made your blood boil.

With his arms tightly locked around you, he looks down making his visage clear to you. He purses his lips, his eyes cold and void of emotions. He was complicated, so very complicated. You knew he didn't trust you but what about Tsuchigomori?

"Hanako-Kun?" You say softly to him. His brows raise and he turns to look at you. Just at the sight of you, he felt completely light but it made it harder for him.

He really didn't want to let go, especially knowing that once he let go, you would be gone again. You had no idea on how stupid he felt. He really was only planning on grabbing your energy but he had stopped that so why did he still want your company? His brows furrowed. He had to talk to you about the energy thing...eventually.

"Alright."

You stumble forward from a small shove by Hanako. You blink, fairly surprised he actually let go.

"Take good care of my assistant." You hear Hanako say, just by the words, your face heats up. You look back and your face drops. The expression he was making made goosebumps run up your arms. His face wasn't just emotionless but had a look that screamed, 'I'll kill you in your sleep' and it was directed to the teacher standing next to you.

"Tsuchigomori-Sensei." Hanako glared, right as the walls were closing in.

"Fine." Tsuchigomori uttered. The atmosphere between those two was one filled with complications.

Before the walls could completely shut, you offer Hanako a small wave. His face softens and he hesitantly raises his hand, waving back. Just by that, you felt a bit more relaxed.

The walls close, leaving you alone with Tsuchigomori in a tense silence. It went like that, walking in pure silence. Questions about your parents popped up in your head and you were almost tempted into asking Tsuchigmori.

But just midway, he spoke, making your heart jump.

"Hey."

Without giving him once glance, you hum in response. If Daisuke was in your situation, what would he do?

You almost laugh at your idiotic questions. He's Daisuke, he wouldn't be in this situation. Talking to a spider-like apparition? No. And you always thought he was the weirder Amano child.

"How is he?"

Your eyes dart to him. How did he know Hanako actually? They haunt the same place but, is—no, it's stupid, they just know each other and you didn't need to know more.

"You mean Hanako?"

"Yeah."

Well, people always did come together when talking about others behind their backs.

"Are things, you know...going okay?"

Your fingers curl into a gentle fist.

"I don't know." You watch out of the corner of your eye, you see sweat roll down the side of his face. "You see, we recently got in a fight and we didn't talk for a bit. We made up earlier today though. I do think it's still his fault, I don't care if I was the wrong one but...I can't—I just can't bring myself to hate him." You tug on your bottom lip, deep in thought. Yeah...maybe you were just too soft on people or maybe you just liked Hanako a bit too much for your comfort.

"He doesn't even trust me." You shrug your shoulders. "But besides that, everything's fine now. We're friends."

A sudden irritation washed over you for no reason, it left you now angry. You scoff silently. It's been happening a lot lately, your anger. Oddly increasing at random times and it did end up with you breaking something back at your home.

"That's all right, then."

It wasn't. It really wasn't. Your fingernails dig into your palm. Okay, maybe you were still angry with Hanako but not just him, Daisuke? This apparition, even Kou?

Everyone you thought popped up as a nuisance.

"We're here."

Yes you were. You both walk into a room that was heavily decorated with crystals on displays. They were shimmering with lovely colors and you so badly wanted to touch one.

"Those are pretty." You mutter. "Are these one of the Yorishiro?" There were so many different shapes and sizes but a large purple crystal caught your attention.

'How pretty.' You think.

"No, it's this one."

He placed a small rock on the table with a seal on it. It wasn't just a small rock, it was filthy and not as colorful as the rest.

"Ah, I think you forgot to polish it...like maybe a decade or two ago." You grab the small rock. You surveyed the rock. It didn't look special.

"Brat." He spat. You grinned.

"There was a human who changed the future written in his book. Usually, you can't." He said. "I got this from him."

You glance at the teacher. So it was that special? Maybe you should've kept your comment to yourself.

"He gave you a rock?" You touch the seal. You had to rip it off, it was that simple.

"Yeah...a moon rock." He remembered. You weren't really a huge fan of space but it was still a cool place that were filled with more questions and discoveries.

"Is that so?" You ask softly

"Do you know when humans first traveled to the moon?"

"No."

"Anyways, I was given that rock the day after that historic day." He explained and you nodded in understanding.

Right when you were about to peel off the seal, you were interrupted.

"He was an ordinary human. He loved stars and was a little awkward with words." He added. "His grades...weren't great."

Could you peel it off now?

"I'm sorry." You bow your head and peel off the seal quickly with no hesitation.

Like the first time, everything around you broke like glass, forming triangular shapes.

Voices rushed into your head all at once and you were blinded completely by light. You shut your eyes tightly. Even though it was completely irrelevant. One thought appeared in your head.

'Daisuke will so kill me for being late.'

-

Hey guys! This chapter was actually like a day late I think? I try sticking with a schedule but this week was just so off for me and I made this chapter just today. This chapter could've been better but I really wanted to post for you guys.

Anyways. Hope everyone's safe at home and I'll see you next chapter. <3