TWENTY-FIVE

The cursed kids, where did you and your brother get such a nickname?

Probably from the fact that your family was filled with exorcist but instead of purity and security, it was troublesome and dangerous. The title doesn't involve anything with bad luck, the nickname was to present danger and bad health, basically a warning to the average people that you and your brother are...dangerous.

"This what happens when you don't discipline Daisuke!!" Your mother snapped at her husband who rolled his eyes in response, arms crossing as the oldest child stood in the middle, looking down with a shadowed face, hiding any expression that could enlighten the youngest on his emotions.

Your smaller frame stood by the door, watching your parents argue with annoyance written on your face by the occurring arguments that now seemed daily. It wasn't different from any other day.

"He doesn't need any discipline—"

"ENOUGH HAROLD! HE BEAT UP HIS TEACHER AND PUT A STUDENT IN THE HOSPITAL! HOW IS THAT NORMAL?"

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!! HE ISN'T EVEN MY BLOOD YOU SLUT!"

"Fuck you! He takes after you more than he does after me. You're just being a coward!"

Having enough of the screaming adults, Daisuke lifted his head, blowing out an irritated breath. "Arguing over me?" Daisuke spoke up, looking up with his eyes dull as coal. "Wow, I think this is the most you both have ever talked about me." His eyes landed on you, making you jump, expecting to not be seen so soon but you scoffed and smiled. Very little, almost unseeable, his lips quirked upward.

"Did you tell your teacher we were neglecting you?" Your mother glared at the boy, stealing his attention from you as her hands clenched into a fist.

"Why would I? Couldn't be bothered to even say your names."

"See? That sass comes from you." Your father pointed out proudly.

"That aggression comes from you, ASSHOLE!"

Through thick and thin, you always thought you would be together, Daisuke was practically your best friend, your world. With everything going back, he was your light.

But eventually, he became your hell.

"Daisuke, let me go." You deadpan, watching your older brother standing next to a green-haired girl and the assumingely twin brother of the complex apparition you knew. "You're making me skip class and I just started getting back to normal with my medicines."

"You've gotten into 4 fights this weeks." He lifted 4 fingers. "What's up with that?" He rose a brow, ignoring the fact that he had you tied into a chair in a dress that you didn't admit was cute. "It's was verbal, not physical." You rolled your eyes. He was too serious.

"Can I have some tea?" You ask the green-haired girl who unlike the 3 males, held a more safe and mature aura.

"Hey, don't change—"

"'My name is Nanamine Sakura. A high school third year, pleased to you meet you Yua-san." The short green-haired girl poured your tea into a cup as you watched in confusion. Why was a third-year here with these 2? Noticing your confusion, the green-haired girl glanced at you before turning back to the teacup that she handed you gracefully. You just realized the rope around your hands were gone.

"And like you, I'm a human who formed a bond with an apparition for a wish."

"You're mistaken." You sip your tea. She blinks. "You are not like me, unlike you, I didn't ask for a wish, was that stupid? Yes." You mutter the last part. "Don't compare me to you, I hate it, no matter how similar we are, don't compare me."