cut part 2

Jay walked towards his desk trying to ignore the questioning looks from his fellow detectives, especially the one coming from Erin. He threw his jacket over the back of the chair, not knowing that she had caught the barely noticeable grimace that had slipped out when he took his jacket.
"

You ok?" She asked.
"Yea." Jay said, smiling at her.
"Ya know, you're usually a good liar, but I see right through it. Where'd you go, anyway?" Erin asked. He started to formulate a lie, but then he remembered his promise to Will, and he could tell by the look in her eyes that she already knew something had happened. He sighed, then was out with it.
"I made a quick pit stop at Will's place for some uh...express medical care." Jay said with his best air of nonchalance.
"How bad was it? Come on Jay, I'm your partner, and a partner's job is to watch your back at all times. Did you really think I didn't see the guy grab the blade?" Erin said, raising an eyebrow. The conversation now had everyone's attention. He knew she wouldn't leave him alone until she was sure it wasn't serious.
"Fine. Here. He was a plastic surgeon, remember?" Jay said, pulling up the corner of his shirt just enough to show the clean row of stitches across his right side, just up from his belt line. Erin inspected it thoroughly for a minute or so until she was pleased, then nodded and sat back down.
"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Erin asked.
"I told Voight. And besides, eight stitches is no big deal. I didn't want to worry anyone." Jay explained, hoping she would understand.
"While I'm not condoning his actions, we have seen worse with him. That's what we have Will for anyway, isn't it?" Ruzek said with a smirk. Jay laughed as Erin rolled her eyes, and looked back at her work.
The next day…
Will looked up from the news article on his phone as he heard footsteps approaching. He looked up to see Jay jogging towards him. The brothers were meeting for breakfast on the warm spring morning. Jay was just finishing up his morning run.
"Morning!" Jay said, pulling out his headphones, and checking his heart rate on his Apple watch. He sat down, then gave his brother a confused look when he didn't return the greeting. He followed Will's gaze down to his side, and groaned in frustration when he saw a fresh blood stain.
"I literally just bought this shirt!" Jay said in an annoyed voice.
"You couldn't help yourself. You just had to go and mess up by handiwork." Will joked, shaking his head.
"This is like the 20th shirt I've ruined at work!" Jay said with a frown, lifting it up to inspect the damage to the material while Will did the same to the cut. There was two missing sutures, as he had expected.
"Well then may be you should change your occupation!" Will said with a smirk, earning a crooked look and a huff from his brother.