bomb part 2

B is for Bomb
"

Sir, you have to stay in your room! No! Sir, you can't take that out! Sir, you have to keep that in your nose! Stop!" Will was walking down the hall when he heard the commotion coming from Jay's room. He rubbed his forehead and sighed as he got closer to the entrance, considering not even going in and letting someone else deal with his thick headed brother.
"Jay, for the sake of my sanity, please listen to her." Will said, giving his brother a look.
"Will, I'm fine. All I want to do is talk to Adam and the rest of them! They put everyone else on desk duty and left us here! There's nothing to do and I sick of sitting around!" Jay said with frustration.
"For the love of god Jay! Your lung collapsed! Last time I checked that was a lot more serious than a broken bone! Not to mention the broken ribs or the fact that you can't even lift your arms above your head without pain. You're not leaving until you're cleared, and I don't want to hear another word about it! It's been a long day, and the last thing I need right now is more complaints from the nurses about you not cooperating! We're here to fix you, and it's high time you stopped being so damn stubborn!" Will said, his voice raising slightly. He hated yelling at his brother, but he had had it with his attitude. It finally seemed like Jay had gotten the message as he let out a huff and let the nurse change his IV. After she was done, Will checked his lung sounds and other vitals. Jay watched as his brothers brow scrunched, and he moved the stethoscope back to the side of his chest, just below his armpit. Then he moved the hospital gown out of the way and listened a third time.
"Get the x-rays machine in here! Do you have any pain in your side?" Will asked, looking at Jay's charts.
"Uh...yea, but I mean I figured it was just still sore from the surgery… why?" Jay asked. Will didn't answer right away, but instead took the x-ray, and studied it.
"Just what I thought! You should've told me immediately when you felt pain! Call Dr. Rhodes and have him prep an OR, tell him we'll be up in five." Will said, and started rushing around, getting everything ready, and going so fast that Jay's head was starting to spin.
"Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on?!" Jay asked.
"There was a bomb fragment that was stuck in your pectoral muscle, and now it happened to make its way further through, and it's pushing on your lung. If it goes any farther, it'll puncture it. That could be disastrous for an already weak lung. You need surgery right now. This is gonna put you to sleep, and when you wake up, hopefully everything will be fixed." Will explained while pushing a anesthetic into Jay's new IV and putting an oxygen mask over his face. He squeezed his brother's hand, trying to comfort him. Everything was happening so fast. Just a few minutes ago, all he wanted to do was see how his friend was doing, and now he might be worse off.
They turned the corner and were about to board the elevator when Jay caught a blurry glimpse of someone running towards them. He hated voices, but couldn't quite make out the words as the anesthesia was doing it's job. He felt a warm, soft hand grab his, and as the short cut dirty blonde hair came into view, he suddenly knew exactly who was standing next to him.
"H….hey. I'm go...nna b….bb..e f...fine." He said pulling the mask away with a weak hand. She smiled back at him and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.
"Of course you will." Erin said. The last thing he saw before his eyes closed was her beautiful loving smile.
Later…
Adam looked up from the tv in his room towards the knock on the door of his hospital room. He smiled and motioned for Al to join him. He turned the volume down and set the remote down as his partner sat down.
"Good to see your awake this time." Al said.
"Yea, well they got me on some pretty heavy stuff, so I only feel it when if I try to move. And look at you, gettin so lucky. Managed to not break your shootin' hand! How'd everyone else doing?" Adam said.
"Kevin's still getting used to the crutches. It's kinda funny sometimes. Erin's pacing waiting for everyone to get back and Jay….. well, you know how he is. Had to make it difficult. He's actually should be getting out of surgery any minute now." Olinsky said, looking at the watch on his good wrist.
"Surgery? Didn't he already have one?" Adam asked.
"He had the first one at the same time you did when we all came in here two days ago, and then they took him in again a few hours ago when Will found a bomb fragment pressing into the lung they had just repaired, so they had to go back in and fix it. I just walked to Erin, and she said their closing him up now, and that it went fine. Good thing Will caught it when he did." Olinsky said.
"Yea. Two times in one week is way too many times to almost die. Even for him." Adam said with a smirk, although he was genuinely glad his friend would be ok. He knew Intelligence would never be the same without him.
Days later…
"Well would ya look at that! You two finally decided to stop being so lazy and come back to work!" Kevin joked as the rest of the team watched Adam and Jay make their way up the stairs and towards their desks. They laughed in response to his joke, but also at the glare he was getting from Erin, who obviously still thought Jay needed more time for his body to heal.
"Glad to be back." Jay said.