Chapter 3

I couldn't believe how pretty it was under the waves! I went up and took the biggest gulp of air that I could, then I went back down. Adrien did the same.

We went under or a while, and I didn't notice that we were holding hands until he squeezed it to get my attention. He pointed to a beautiful colored fish. It looked like a rainbow! We saw more and more fish. We stayed within the area that was netted, so we wouldn't go to far, but I honestly wish that we could go further. Adrien was so fun to go with. At one point, he brought me down to a small reef and showed me the starfish and sea urchins. It was so cool! At one point when I was holding a starfish, I looked back to Adrien. Even through the goggles, I could see his green eyes. They were so beautiful. I could've gotten lost in them forever, but we had to go up for air. When we were up, I looked at the sky.

"It's getting kind of dark. We should head back." I said

"Yeah, probably." He said. He took my hand again and I felt myself blush. Why was I doing that? I thought I didn't like him as much, because he probably had a girlfriend, because he deserved some supermodel, because he was perfect, because, ......

I stopped myself before I thought about him for the next few hours. When we got back to shore, I realized how tired I was. I collapsed on the sand, and Adrien laid down next to me. I looked into his green eyes and I felt like I needed to go up to breathe, but I was already out of the water. My breath caught in my throat, and I couldn't look away.

That is, until Felix came.

"That was pretty fun!" He said, a little louder than a normal tone.

I sat up to see Juleka smiling. It was rare when she smiled.

"Did you have fun, Juleka?" I asked

"Yes, the fish were all so beautiful and colorful!" She said "I wish we could've stayed longer, but Felix said it was late."

"Yeah, I wish we had done it earlier! That way, we could've had more time!" I said

The rest of them returned from the sea, laughing.

"You should've Seen Nino's face when the fish went right in front of him!" Kim laughed

"I didn't look weird at all! You should've seen YOUR face when the urchin stuck to your hand and wouldn't let go!" Nino shot back

"Well I didn't want to have THAT thing stuck to me for the rest of my life!" Kim said

"You should've seen BOTH of your faces when you saw the crab!" Alya and Alex said

The boys both turned bright red and protested loudly.

"Come on students! Dinner is in half an hour!" We heard our teacher say

We all ran inside, laughing. We raced up the stairs, and I won, so I jumped in the shower first. I finished right as Alya came in.

"Hurry up or you'll be even later than me!" I said

Alya took a fast shower while I was changing into a plain pink halter top with black running shorts. Alya got into the same, but her halter top was orange. I guess that was her new favorite color.

We got downstairs to see the rest of the class waiting in the line for the restaurant. I looked at the others. At least they were in the same material as Alya and I, so we wouldn't stand out like that time we went to a class celebration in jeans when it was supposed to be formal attire. We had to take some of the clothes the restaurant offered to us. Alya's was fine, but mine was sleeveless and looked a bit too much like the ladybug attire to make me comfortable. That was the same night that the waiter got akumatized because of a guest claiming that he had the right to pay $140 all in pennies...