Chapter 7

Marinette POV: 

When I got Chat away from the roof, he kept looking back to see if "I" was there. He must be been really worried. I was kind of flattered that someone actually liked me as Marinette. Not some superhero that saves Paris.

I would have been more flattered, but I needed to keep my head straight. Chat kept looking back at the roof, and before I could suggest using his Cataclysm, he took a blow from Navitar. His head whiplashed against the wall, and I doubted it was anything but a major concussion.

I used my lucky charm and the result was... a nerf gun. I could only see one option, so I took careful aim and shot her compass-sword. Surprisingly, it broke and the akuma fluttered out. I De-evilized the akuma and shouted "Miraculous Ladybug!" While throwing the gun in the air. 

After everything went back to normal, Chat was trying to get up. He seemed to have recovered, but he was still unbalanced.

"Chat! Are you okay?" I asked, running to help stand him up

"Y-Yeah. I'm alright." He said shakily

I helped him stand up, and he looked to the roof again.

"Don't worry about Marinette. I'll check on her." I said

But Chat shook his head. "Your earrings are beeping. You only have a little time before you transform back. I didn't even use my Cataclysm, so I can do it." 

I tried to protest, "Chat, your head—"

"I'll be fine. I can get help later. I just need to make sure Marinette is okay." Chat said

"Okay, but don't blame me if you end up even worse!" I said

He laughed as I swung away behind the building. I got to the top of the roof as soon as I could and detransformed. I made sure Tikki had a cookie to munch and recharge on while I got my phone unstuck from its place on the wall.

"Hello, Purrincess." I heard Chat say behind me

I turned around, a little mad because on the concussion.

"What happened, Chat? I saw you hit the wall, and your head—" I started, but he came to me and hugged me. I was a bit surprised, andI was frozen for a solid second.

"Don't scare me again." He said

"What do you mean?" I asked

"When the villain was up here, I didn't see you." Chat said, letting go and looking into my eyes

"Oh. I ran inside when I saw her. I dropped my phone, but it kept on filming. I came back out here when all the commotion was down at the beach again." I said, covering my identity as fast as I could, hoping he wouldn't notice.

He looked into my eyes for a while longer, then I noticed his head.

"OH MY GOSH!" I yelled. There was a thick stream of blood coming from his head. This was all my fault. I should've been there for him!

Chat realized what I was looking at, and instinctively touched his head. When he felt the blood, his face went a shade paler.

I looked at my phone and saw a text from Alya. 

Hey Girl! Nino and I decided to go to the mall. I couldn't find you, so we left. The only problem was the traffic. We're trying to get back, but It'll probably be about 5 hours, so you'll be asleep when I get back... Sorry....

I almost laughed. Now Nino and Alya were stuck together on a bus, waiting to get home.

I looked back to Chat. He needed medical attention, and he couldn't go to a hospital...

"Here. I'll help you." I said "I can take care of your head at my room. Alya isn't there." 

We started walking, but his legs gave out.

"You might be going into shock, or it might be your head." I said. I paused, then I scooped him up bridal style. I was surprised at how light he was. Chat looked surprised that I could lift him, but he didn't protest.