Chapter 8

Marinette POV:

Once we got to the room, I set Chat down on my bed and ripped one of the hotel's swimming towels. They didn't charge them to the rooms, and I figured they wouldn't miss one...

When I cleaned Chat's head, I couldn't help but notice how soft his hair was. I tried to keep focus as I cleaned his wound and tried to look away from his eyes. At one point, I made the mistake of looking into his deep green eyes. I caught myself staring at him and he was staring at me. 

It took all my will power to look away, but I needed to stay focused on his head. It wasn't a big cut. I guess his head had hit, causing a concussion, but there were small bumps on the wall that could have caused the cut.

After I bandaged his head, I checked the time. I had about 3 hours left before Alya came back. I decided to do a check on Chat's eyesight to see about the concussion. I got my phone and pulled up the flashlight.

"All right Chat. Look into the light. I need to test your eyesight to check up on your concussion." I said

He blinked a few times as I put the flashlight a close distance from his eye. His pupils were going crazy, and as I took the flashlight away, they didn't stop. He had a pretty serious concussion.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" I asked, holding two up

"Umm, six and a half?" He said

"That's not good. Your concussion won't let you see straight. It'll likely start messing with your brain too. You might want to not talk, your brain might make you say things that you wouldn't say normally." I said, looking at his eyes. They were going crazy like Alya's when she had gotten a soccer ball to the face and hit the ground in practice. She had accidentally told me that she was Rina Rouge, but later when she asked, I just told her that she hadn't said anything but jabbering about Carapaice.

Chat rubbed his head. "I feel dizzy" He said

"You should lie down. When this happened to Alya, she started flinging her arms around, and hugged me. When she saw Nino.... She chased him down for a block and wouldn't stop hugging him..." I trailed off, but I don't think he was listening.

I felt him hug me from behind and lift me up.

"Hey! Put me down, Chat!" I protested

Chat tossed me onto the bed, and I sat up, glaring at him.

"You obviously didn't listen. You need to lie down!" I said

He laid down on the bed with his head in my lap.

"Hey, Purrincess, do you remember our conversation earlier?" He asked

"Sort of...." i said What part was he talking about?

"Well, when I asked you if you've ever fallen in love,—" He started, but he paused

I felt a small blush coming across my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. I tried to look away, but my eyes were fixed on his. They were so green, and beautiful.

"Well, Purrincess." He said "When I asked you, I was hoping for a specific answer, but since you didn't allow me to say it then, I'll say it now." 

"Say what? Who you like?" I asked

"The girl I love, is the most beautiful, funny, caring, selfless, girl ever." Chat said

"She sounds amazing!" I said. My mind went to someone like Kagami, someone who was born to be amazing and perfect.

"What's her name?" I asked

Chat looked at me. "I'm in love with you, Marinette." He said