Chapter 3

Cyberdyne Systems Corporation Building, 308 11th Ave, Sunnyvale. 14:35

Walking fast, he exited the elevator and crossed the wide corridor of gray walls. As he passed the large main reception hall toward the parking lot, he waved good-bye to the security guard.

— Hey Douglas, do you think the Dodgers win today? - the security guard asked.

— I'm sure, Carl. Just wait for the results tonight.

He crossed the parking lot toward his car, thinking about lunch with his girlfriend. As he got into the car, he stopped for a moment to send a message that he was going to be a little late. As soon as he started typing his cell phone, it began to have a strange failure until completely shut down.

— What the hell! Just now!

He tried to start the car and nothing happened.

— Shit! What the fuck?

A growing hum began to take over the place. Out of nowhere a series of lightning bolts whipped around in front of his car. Douglas watched the chaotic movement of energy until the shape of a ball of light appeared before his eyes. The static energy in the environment made every hair on his body stand up straight.

Terrified, he bent down shortly before the ball of light exploded, smashing the windows of his car. When he was able to regain the courage to get up, Douglas saw a naked man crouching in the exact spot where the ball of light was. His athletic body and his military-style hair looked as if he were a soldier or something.

That man had come out of nowhere, Douglas thought.

Before he could decide what to do, the Terminator stood and opened his eyes. Both eyes moved, but they seemed lifeless. He looked around and identified the Cyberdyne building. Then he aimed his vision right at Douglas, who was frozen with fear. Slowly, he approached the car window. Without saying a word, he turned his arm into a sharp object across Douglas's chest.

His whole body changed into Douglas form. He put the corpse of his first victim in the trunk of the car before heading to Cyberdyne's main reception.