Chapter 8

Cyberdyne Systems Corporation building, 21:39

Almost all employees had returned to their homes, but on the sixth floor of the building, the Terminator remained in his office collecting historical company data on the computer. As information accumulated, analyzes were performed by calculating probabilities and best scenarios for achieving his goal.

The telephone rang from reception. It was Patricia, the secretary.

— Yes?

— Mrs. Kogan, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I'd like to know if you still need my services. It's getting a little late and my husband has called me a few times.

— No. You can go home - she paused for a few seconds - Thank you for your cooperation.

Patricia hung up the phone wondering the thanks. Mrs. Kogan has always been a cold woman, devoid of kind gestures. She had been working there for two years, and had never heard anything similar, she thought.

— There's a first time for everything - she said to herself before taking her bag and walking to the elevator.

Inside the room, the Terminator was accessing Cyberdyne's internal system to find the location of the laboratory where new prototype lead acid batteries were being studied.

Avoiding the cameras in the building, he slid down the ventilation tubes to the third floor, where the laboratory was located. Through access to the power cords, he turned off the cameras in the room before leaving to get what he wanted.

He located the gallons of sulfuric acid in the supply closet. He placed two of the gallons on the platform of the transport cart and took the form of system technician Douglas Gibbel. He left the room toward the elevator, careful to turn off the security cameras as he advanced.

Back on the sixth floor, he carried the gals to the attached bathroom of the company's CEO room. He picked up Mrs. Kogan's body from the bathroom cabinet and placed it in the tub, throwing the body as if it were throwing a useless garbage bin. He used the metal stopper to close the tub's water outlet and poured the contents of the first gallon over his entire body. He added the contents of the second gallon and set a timer for twelve hours. Enough time for the acid to dissolve the whole body.

From the conference table, his cell phone rang. He identified that the call was from Mrs. Kogan's husband.

— Hello dear. Are you still working?

— Yes. I'm sorting out some issues and I'm already coming home - he replied, assuming Mrs. Kogan's voice.

— Jane and I were worried. You rarely take so long to arrive.

— Do not worry. I'm going now.

— I love you dear.

— I love you too, honey.

He assumed the form of Mrs. Kogan and took the car key. In his memory there was a priority objective: to wipe out Mrs. Kogan's entire family.