Chapter 14

Cyberdyne, loading gate, 15:20

The Winner Tools van stopped at the entrance gate to the Cyberdyne loading area. Wearing a white cap, sunglasses, and a brown jumpsuit bearing the company logo, Lukas Moser waited for the security guard to approach.

— Good afternoon. I have a request on behalf of Mr. Richard Russkin to be delivered here - he said, giving the guard a fake document.

The guard put on his glasses and read the document carefully. Inside the van, behind several toolboxes, Sarah and John followed the movement outside.

— Winner Tools? - he said reading the name on the van - We never received an order from this company. I need to check your registration with the logistics area.

Lukas tried to think fast. Any mistake could prevent them from entering the company.

— Hey man, this is my first delivery. If you check with the logistics they will realize that I am three hours late. Our company is small and it was tough to get this contract. If they cancel our registration because of that, it could cost me my job - he said with a worried air.

The guard took off his glasses and scratched his head for a moment.

— Let me have a look at the material - he said after a moment.

— Sure! - Lukas answered getting out of the car.

Listening to the conversation outside, Sarah and John settled behind the boxes so they wouldn't be seen.

Lukas opened the van door revealing several assorted toolboxes. Sarah would keep her hand in the gun, just in case something went wrong. Anxiously, John held the rifle case in his hands, hoping he didn't need to use it. The guard picked up one of the boxes at random and opened it to check its contents.

— 78 piece tool bag? I have one exactly like this one! – he said smiling.

— This is one of the best sellers - Lukas added, smiling back.

— Okay - said the guard walking toward the cabin to open the access control gate - You can stop to unload at gate number 3.

— Thanks my friend! - Lukas said returning quickly to the driver's seat.

They advanced to the loading gates where other vehicles were parked. Stopping in front of Gate 3, Sarah and John got out of the vehicle to assist Lukas in transporting the material.

Each one pushed a two-wheeled cart with several boxes stacked. Two uniformed men holding tablets awaited the arrival of the three.

— Good afternoon. Let me see the order - said one of them.

— Here it is! - said Sarah, drawing her weapon.

They bound the gagged men in a small warehouse nearby. They took advantage of their credentials to enter the building.

— We have to find Richard Russkin and Danny Dyson - John said - They need to know what's going on.