13.

Hours later we were all sitting in the common room, near the fireplace. For some reason, we would always find it empty no matter what time it was during the day. Had we claimed it without even knowing? Probably.

Sirius leaned against the wall, "But isn't wolfsbane one of the hardest and most complex potions known to man?" He asked calmly.

They were still talking about the potion I had made. I watched as all of their gazes turned to me. I looked away nervously trying to hide the growing red glow on my face. I hadn't expected them to react this way, it was sort of embarrassing actually.

"I guess- Look! the point is, I made the potion to help remus with his little problem. The end!" I said, not meeting any of their gazes.

Sirius laughed his usual bark-like laughter, "Aw, Josie's embarrassed." He teased and wrapped his arms around me, putting his chin on my head. I rolled my eyes and tried to remove his hands but since he was six foot a million and was three times as strong as me, that didn't happen.

"Get off me before I-" I said, annoyedly.

Stupid Sirius cut me off and laughed, "Before you what? Bite my head off?"

"Before I turn you into a blind toad." I smirked.

His body froze and he removed his hands off of me, I watched as recognition washed over him. His shocked face was soon replaced by his usual smirk and loud laugh.

"So you did know what the fight was about! That was why you were asking me about it wasn't it? You just wanted to hear me say it, didn't you Jo? Aw, that's cute." He then proceeded to ruffle my straight hair, which made it tangled.

"Hey don't do that!" I growled and tried to un-mess my hair, which didn't exactly work.

"Are you in love with me, Josie? Are you?" He teased me, his grey eyes sparkling with amusement.

I crossed my arms and faced him. "Why do you always ask me that? Are you in love with me, Sirius? Huh?!"

He looked like he was going to come up with a witty retort before James gave us a confused look. "What are you two talking about?" James asked.

Sirius walked over to James and lazily draped his arm around his shoulder, "Well Prongs, the other day Remus and I had a fight about this one," he winked at me and continued. "And then she asks me about what happened and innocently asked what the fight was about, as if she didn't know! She brings up a sentence I said that was about her. Isn't that downright wicked?"

"That still doesn't make sense." James said confused.

"I was in that fight and it doesn't make sense." Remus laughed.

"Who cares about that fight - can't we move on with our lives?" Peter said, surprisingly.

We all turned to him shocked, it had seemed as if he had taken some bravery along with his morning tea because he was well- courageous for once.

"I don't suppose you've heard about the incident that happened this week." I said, lowly.

James nodded, "Yeah, Lily cut her hair. It's only a few inches, but I dunno - she looks kind of different but in a good way." He ran his hand through his hair and leaned back onto the chair.

I rolled my eyes, "No you muppet." I laughed and then lowered my voice, all hint of amusement gone. "The thing that happened in Knockturn Alley."

Recognition flashed through his hazel eyes, "The one where six muggle-borns 'disappeared' into thin air." He laughed bitterly.

"Exactly, The ministry is trying to cover it up - pretend nothing's happening. Like we don't know that Voldermort is planning something with his army of goons." I said, angrily.

They all took intakes of breath when I said his name. Peter looked like he was going to faint in his seat.

Sirius was the first to speak. "I reckon a bunch of Slytherins are ready to become death eaters," We all gave him blank stares "That's their name. Death eaters."

Voldermort and his army were just getting popular so I wasn't surprsied about the fact that no one besides Sirius didn't exactly know what death eaters were. I assumed he knew because, well. He was a Black.

"It's awful, you know. Knowing that you're no longer safe." I laughed, despite myself.

Remus's head snapped towards mine, "Don't say that, Josie." He said quietly.

"What? you want me to deny the truth, Remus? The fact that Voldermort and his death eaters are growing means that we're all at risk and I'll bet you all five galleons not all of us will make it to thirty." I said with a grin. I don't know why I was smiling, it was more like I was trying to see what he could say to prove me wrong. Like I was testing him.

They all went silent and I knew I was right. The fact that I would most likely die gave me a sense of freedom, in a way. Like, I had this power to do whatever I wanted because I was going to die. This feeling made me want to cut off all my hair, jump out of a plane and just do something crazy. For once, I felt like I wanted to live.

"I want to do something about it." Sirius said, making us all turn our attention to him. "I want to be an auror."

A lightbulb flickered on in James head because he excitedly grinned and said, "That is an excellent idea, Padfoot. We should be aurors."

"Hmm, I don't know I think I'd quite like to be a writer or a teacher, maybe. Though I'm sure that'll never happen." Remus said with a small smile. "What about you guys?" He directed the last part to Peter and I.

Peter shrugged, "I don't know..maybe a shop owner or something."

I fiddled with my hands. "I want to be a healer." I said, impetuously. My eyes glanced at all of them who were giving me shocked and impressed looks, once more and as usual I was embarrassed.

"Healer Josie, yeah I quite like that." Sirius smirked.

I raised my eyebrows, "Well it's a good thing I'm not doing it for you, isn't it?" I said, making everyone laugh at our banter.

There it was, our conversations drifted away like the sea. That's how it usually was for us, sometimes it bothered me that we couldn't be serious but other times I think, it's better that way. It's better to forget about the world for a bit and just enjoy what is now.