27.

I am not a morning person. I have never been and I don't intend to be. There are only two reasons for why I wake up early and one of them is school, the other one was Christmas. The boys however were not like me. They didn't wake up early regardless of what festivities were occurring. Which was understandable, yet annoying.

"Wake up! wake up!" I said loudly as I swung open the door to the room.

Remus was already awake and seemed to be in high spirits, he smiled at me as I barged in. I did this every year, yet they never seemed to learn. I was carrying with me a wooden spoon and a pot. Luckily all their beds were near each other, so I didn't have to go to each bed individually and disturb their slumber. Lucky me!

Clang! the wooden spoon hit the pot and James clutched the pillow and covered his ears, muttering curse words at me. James was the easiest to wake due to the fact he was a light sleeper. Peter and Sirius however were intensely deep sleepers. How were they intensely deep sleepers?

"Shame on you James Potter! That foul language is not tolerated today!" I said, in faux anger as I sat down on the edge of his bed.

James sat up and fumbled around looking for his glasses, today his hair was messier than usual which was strange because I didn't think that was even possible. He ran a hand through his hair, looking frustrated and annoyed.

"Do you have to do this every year, Josie?" He said, sighing.

I laughed and swiftly grabbed his shirt which was on the floor, "You should know by now that I stick with tradition, Prongs." I glanced at Remus, "Now, Remus and I expect to see all of you awake in ten minutes." I said and then proceeded to grab Remus so we could go wait in the common room.

Deciding it was the perfect time to send Christmas letters to my family, I said goodbye to Remus so I could go to the Owlery. I wish I hadn't, the moment I walked in - all eyes were on me, it was me. The traitor, the bitch, etc. The past days I had been experiencing the worst days of my life, not only where people treating me badly. They weren't even trying to hide it, people I had once considered friends - were now gossiping about me and glaring at me at every chance.

"Poor Sirius, he had no idea that his friend was actually the equivalent of a banshee." One said to her friend, giggling while she was eyeing me. I rolled my eyes at her childish ways and quickly gave my owl the letters. As I left I heard a sentence that almost made me want to explode.

"I never liked her anyway." said Agnes Jeffleberg. A Hufflepuff who I had sat with in Divination for two years, I always thought that she was a sweet girl. I guess not.

But I wasn't going to let them ruin my mood. Today was a good day and they were not going to ruin that. Christmas was one of the more special holidays for us. The marauders and I had a very special Christmas tradition. During Christmas, normal students would exchange gifts, food and other nice items. But we weren't normal students.

Our tradition was to give each other presents that we would never use. Basically we had one year to buy each other the most useless and pointless thing we could find. It didn't have to be something expensive, it had to be funny and it had to have no purpose at all. You'd assume after five years that we had at least once gotten each other the same present. But no, every year we somehow managed to gift each other the most useless presents we could find.

I heard a loud groan as I opened the door to the common room, letting light in. "Why are the lights still on? Somebody turn off the lights and also, why the bloody hell am I awake at this ungodly hour?" Sirius said as he walked down the stairs and collapsed on the couch.

Remus laughed at him, "The lights aren't on - that's the sun, mate."

Sirius sat up, scowling. "Well somebody turn the sun off then!" You could obviously tell that he was a early riser and loved to wake up in the morning. Not.