35.

The doorbell rang excitedly making me sigh as I put the book I was reading down. Unfortunately for me, my parents and Frank were out of town so I had to open the door and converse with whoever was there. I tried to stop myself from rolling my eyes as I forced myself to walk towards the wooden door. I was greeted by three friendly faces as I opened the door. I couldn't even try to contain the smile that appeared on my face once I saw them. It was like an immediate and automatic reaction that occurred when I hadn't seen them in a long time.

"So, a werewolf, stag and a mouse walk into a bar.." James said, smirking as he leaned against the doorway.

Remus laughed, "What he means by that is, hi." Remus's eyes twinkled with happiness, "It's good to see you Josie,"

I cut them off with my laughter, "Yeah it's good to see you too." I moved away from the door to let them in, "Come on in before you freeze to death and catch hypothermia. Or is it pneumonia? You know what just sit down." I rambled.

Peter chortled as he walked in, "It's nice to know Josie hasn't changed." I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that.

They all sat down on the couch before I shook my head and loudly exclaimed, "Wait, wait, wait - stand up again so I can hug all of you. Or you know what? I have a even better idea! Group hug!" I said, holding my hands out happily.

They all looked at each other and simultaneously responded with, "No."

I put my hands down and frowned, "Jerks much?" I sat down on the chair, facing them. "Anyway, what are you all doing here? Were you so overcome by your love for me that you just had to see me?" I said, resting my chin on my hand.

Remus snorted, "Yeah, that's it. You got us." He shook his head, "No, actually I have no idea. James sent all of us a letter asking, well more like telling us to show up at his house. But then we showed up and he took us here. Nice house by the way."

Oh of course! I had completely forgotten that James had insisted that we all meet up soon. But I was also fairly certain that he said to meet up at his house and not mine.

"Thanks!" I said, happily. "Oh, hey wait. I thought we were going to meet up at your house," I said, directing the last part to James.

He shrugged, "Change of plans. Mum's having a dinner party." he said, leaning back into the chair, "But since I had already told them to come, I just thought. Why not just go to your house?"

"Good call, Potter," I said, smiling. "Anyway! Tell me how you've all been! Peter I thought you were going to travel somewhere and Remus you said you couldn't make it,"

Peter nodded, "Yeah we were going to but then my nan fell on the stairs and broke her hip." he said, passively.

I gasped, "Merlin's bright green eyes - is she alright?!" I said, unsure how he was talking about the subject so emotionlessly.

Peter shrugged, "She's alright, but she makes me massage her feet now. Twice a day too, apparently it helps her relax. "

I didn't really know how to respond to that, "Oh, well, that's nice I suppose." I said, laughing awkwardly.

James threw his head back in laughter, "Ah, what a beautiful ending to that lovely and entertaining story."

Remus nodded, "Honestly, I wasn't going to come but the full moon passed and I didn't really have anything else to do, I finished all the assignments that were due and I read all the school books so, I thought, why not visit my friends?" Remus said smiling.