Chapter 2

It had been about a week since the opening of the new exhibit, and so far it appeared to be a hit with the visitors. In fact, it had been such a hit that it had caused an influx in visitors to the otherwise quiet aquarium. So far both Delia and Damian had had to work extra shifts to keep up with all the visitors. 

So far they both had been on the feeding crew, the cleanup crew and even at the front desk. Tonight however they had both been scheduled as the feeding crew. 

"So do you have anything going on tomorrow?" Damian asked hauling the bucket of fish over to the tank. 

"As a matter of fact, I do," Delia replied, carrying another bucket of fish. 

"Please don't tell me you have to study..." Damian replied, "You do know that weekends are for having fun right?"

"Hey!" Delia exclaimed smacking his arm playfully. "I'm not that boring. I do other things than study and work you know." 

"Like what?"

"Well.." Delia started, grabbing a hand full of fish to throw into the tank. "I go out with friends, watch movies, I go on hikes etc. Besides, why do you want to know?"

"Well, my dad is letting me borrow his boat tomorrow and I have to do some measurements for one of my classes. I thought that you might want to join." 

"I'd actually love to." Delia said sighing, "But I kinda already agreed to be a tour guide tomorrow." 

"Then how about next week?" Damian said throwing the last piece of fish into the tank, "I'll probably go out then as well." 

"I'm free then," Delia said smiling. 

"Nice, it'll be a lot less boring with you there." He said chuckling. 

"Alright, was that the last one right?" Delia said as the two of them started walking back to the breakroom. 

"I guess so." Damian replied. 

"Good, I'm exhausted and honestly cannot wait to go home..." 

Once they reached the breakroom they gathered their stuff and were about to leave when Delia remembered something, "Shit I forgot something, I'll see you on Monday!" She said turning back around.

"See you Monday!" Damian replied waving. 

'I can't go home without my car keys...' Delia thought as she walked back into the now dark building. As she almost reached the door she noticed her boss Janet locking the employee entrance. 

"Wait!" She said running towards her. "I need to grab something!"

Startled Janet turned around, "God you scared me." She said clutching her chest. 

"I'm sorry," Delia replied with a sheepish smile, "Just need my car keys..." 

Janet chuckled, "Yeah it would be difficult to leave without those. Could you then maybe lock the door on your way out? I need to get back to the babysitter asap." 

"Yeah of course." Delia said smiling, "Say hi to Emma for me." 

"Will do," Janet smiled, "I'll see you tomorrow!" She yelled already walking to her car. 

"See you to tomorrow!" Delia replied as she opened the door. 

As she walked back into the building she quickly turned off the alarm.  Not even bothering to turn the lights on she started walking to the locker room. Once she entered the room she hurried over to her locker, where her keys lay. Quickly she grabbed the keys and was about to leave the building when she briefly looked at the screen behind her. She stopped when she noticed that according to the computer, the lights were still on in the 'View of the Ocean' exhibit.

Usually, all of the lights in the building could be controlled with the computer, but as she tried to remotely turn it off she received an error. 'Shit' She muttered under her breath. Sometimes it took a while for them to hook new things up to the system, meaning that the remote light control probably didn't work yet. Which in turn meant that she would have to walk over to the room and turn the lights off there. 

She sighed before making putting down her bag and making her way over to the other side of the building. The normally brightly lit hallways were now only dimly illuminated by light that fell in from some of the windows. Most people would have found it difficult to navigate in the dark building, or have found it ominous, but Delia didn't mind. She had walked here so many times and seen it both in the day and at night. She even liked the aquarium better when there was virtually nobody there. 

Soon she reached the doors behind which lay the 'View of the Ocean' exhibit. Walking into the room she noticed that indeed most of the lights were still turned on. Looking around the room she noticed the panel under which the switches were located and made her way over to it. Using her key she opened it and started turning of all the lights. Once she reached the last light she looked around the room. 

It was then that her attention was drawn to the glass wall. Something moved out there in the sea, this time however she could have sworn that she saw something big. She kept staring at the wall, trying to figure out what she had seen, what kind of fish was out there. Suddenly she noticed something moving towards the wall, stopping such a distance away that she couldn't make out what it was. 

Curious she walked over to the wall and peering out into the sea. Quickly the thing that had moved towards the wall swam away again, but not before she could catch a glimpse of the same green thing that she had seen before...