Chapter 4

After lunch, Delia returned to the exhibitions. She had no tours to guide, for now, so she just walked around in case people had any questions. 

When no one came up to her to ask questions she just started looking at the exhibitions herself. So there she was, standing in front of the turtle exhibit, staring at the creatures swimming around. 

"Excuse me miss, can I ask you something?" A deep, accented voice said from beside her, pulling her out of her trance. 

Quickly, perhaps a little too quick, she turned towards the source of the voice. "Yes?" She said sounding a little unsure.

She came face to face with the man from before. The cute guy whose eyes she had stared at. Now he was standing beside her with a small smile on his face. 

"I was just wondering," He started in an accent that she couldn't quite place. "Where can I find the new exhibit?" 

"The new exhibit?" She repeated, a little bit confused, "I mean the new exhibit! You mean the 'View into the Ocean' exhibit?" She added, perhaps a little too loud. 

"The one where you can look into the sea." He said with a chuckle. 

Delia nodded, "I can show you where it is, just follow me." She said before she started to walk towards the exhibit. 

She glanced behind her to see whether or not he was following and saw that he, in fact, was. He gave her a quick smile which she returned. Waving through the crowd she lead them to the exhibit. 

"Here we are." She said stopping in the middle of the room, "The View into the Ocean exhibit." 

"Thank you," He said glancing down at her name tag, "Delia." He said looking back up at her face and smiling. 

Delia felt her face heat up by both the way he said her name and smiled at her. "You're welcome..." She said smiling, tucking her hair behind her ear. 

"Gabriel." He said.

"I'm sorry?" She asked confused. 

"My name, it's Gabriel," He said chuckling as he rubbed the back of his neck, maybe I should've made that clearer. 

"Oh..." Delia said laughing softly, "Well it was nice to meet you, Gabriel." She adding turning to walk away again. 

"It was nice to meet you too Delia." 

After that, Delia went back to the 'Guided tours' area. Before the aquarium closed she gave about three more tours. At the end of the day, she walked back over to the front desk. There she found Ricky who was nearly finished closing off. 

"Give me two seconds," Ricky said as she saw Delia approaching. "I'm nearly done." 

"Alright," Delia said as she leaned against the wall and waited. 

After a few minutes, Ricky grabbed her phone and walked up to her. "Alright, I'm done. Bye the way, could you give me a ride home?"

"Sure." Delia nodded. "It's on my way home so I don't mind." 

"Did you run into that hot guy again?" Ricky asked as they made their way over to the locker room. 

"Actually, I did." She replied, smiling like a schoolgirl, "I mean it was nothing but yeah he even asked me a question. Oh, and I know his name." 

"Shut up!" Ricky exclaimed hitting her on the arm, "Why do you know his name?"

"He told me? How else did you think I'd know his name?"

"And his name is?" Ricky asked, gesturing for her to continue. 

"Gabriel." 

"Angelic," Ricky said nodding. 

"Yup. But it's not like I'll ever see that guy again or something." 

"You should've asked for his number," Ricky said nudging her causing them both to laugh. 

Soon they were sitting in Delia's car and on their way over to Ricky's house. Right after Delia dropped Ricky off she went over to the closest grocery store before driving home. Once she got home she walked up the two flights of stairs reaching her apartment.  

Inside she noticed a post-it laying on the kitchen table. 

'I'm over at Jacksons, see you tomorrow.' The note read in the cursive of her roommate. She smiled to herself as she shook her head. First, she insisted that she didn't like the guy and now they were practically inseparable. 'Oh, the things love makes you do.'  She thought to herself.