Chapter 14

Sadly for Delia, the following day wasn't as quiet and peaceful as she might have hoped. It all started when she awoke about three hours later then she should've. So in a panic, she started rushing around to get ready. 

By now she had already missed her first class, but she could still make it to the second. 

For a hot minute, she debated on whether or not she'd wash her hair, but ultimately decided against it. Instead, she threw her hair in a bun and quickly hopped into the shower. 

After which she quickly got dressed and took a quick look at herself in the mirror. Honestly, it wasn't a pretty sight, but considering last night and this morning, it kind of made sense. 

Without eating breakfast and opting for a banana instead, she ran out of the door. 

In the end, she, barely mind you, made it to her second class. Once she sat down she got out her phone to check her messages. She then saw the numerous texts glaring at her. Quickly she scrolled through them as she realized that they were all from concerned friends. Obviously, the second break-in had also been on the news, causing everyone to worry. 

She texted them all back, assuring them that she'd call them asap. Thankfully the article about the break-in had already stated that she'd been fine. So with that, she finally got to focus on the lecture. 

Once it had ended she had to rush to her next appointment and quite frankly that was a theme that continued throughout her entire day. She didn't have a single quiet moment as she, quite literary, ran from appointment to appointment. 

So once she'd finally arrived home, she was absolutely exhausted and fell down on the couch the second she saw it.  Closing her eye she let out a deep sigh and leaned her head back. 

Behind her, she heard the front door open and close as Olivia came back home. 

"Delia!" She exclaimed once she spotted her, rushing over to her. "Thank god you're alright, you really gave me quite the scare last night." 

"I'm sorry that I didn't let you know anything sooner," Delia replied as Olivia plopped down next to her. 

"That's fine, the most important thing right now is that you're okay. But what actually happened?" 

It was then that Delia started telling Olivia everything that had happened the previous night. 

"That's insane..." Olivia said once she'd finished the story.

"You can say that again." 

"So where did the orb go?"

"Honestly I don't know, I think one of the assailants got it," Delia replied staring blankly ahead. 

"Well thank the lord that you're alright," Olivia said smiling at her, "Maybe you should just have a relaxed evening tonight. Just forget about all your worries for a moment, have some me time."

"I do like the sound of that," Delia replied turning her head to face Olivia and smiling, "Maybe I'll just take a bath, wash my hair etc. Because right now I feel like death..." 

"Good plan." Olivia said chuckling, as she got up, "Do you want some tea?"

Delia shook her head, "No I think I'm gonna go with wine instead." 

As Olivia started making tea, Delia simply grabbed a bottle of merlot and a big glass. Filling it nearly to the brim she made her way over to the bathroom. 

She placed the glass on the sink before turning around and turning on the faucet. Throwing in some soap as well she sighed as she took in the sent of her relaxing bath. 

She was about to start undressing when she turned towards the mirror again. It was only a quick glance, but she noticed something strange, her hair appeared to be lighter...

Shaking it off she continued to get undressed before slipping into the warm bath. Slowly the water rose until she was almost enveloped by the water. She closed her eyes for a moment, basking in the moment when she noticed a strange feeling... 

Somehow her legs felt strange, a little bit tingly almost... Again she shook of the feeling and just laid there. With her eyes still closed she started reaching for her glass of wine. It was then that she realized that she'd left it near the sink. 

"Shit..." She cursed opening her eyes, sure enough it was on the sink. 

Debating for a moment if she wanted to grab it, she ultimately decided to get out of the bath and get the glass. 

She placed her hands on the bathtub rim on each side of her, intending to push herself up, when she turned her head towards her legs and a scream left her body...