Chapter 17

"Ah it is you!" He said in that strange accent of his, "I almost didn't recognize you with that hair colour." 

Delia said a weak hi, as she looked at him. He was just as handsome as he'd been before and his eyes shone just as bright. 

"I..." Delia started, quickly averting her gaze before he'd notice she was staring, "I thought why not try something new." 

"I like this colour on you." He replied, flashing a dazzling smile. 

Like a schoolgirl with a crush on the quarterback, Delia smiled softly as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"But how're you doing?" He said, his look turning a bit more serious.

"I- I'm doing good." Delia all but stammered out. "I had a minor headache for some time, but other than that I'm fine." She added thinking back to the boating accident. 

"Good." He said smiling at her once more, "You really gave us quite the scare. But I'm glad you're okay." 

The conversation fell flat for a moment before Delia, somewhat awkwardly might I add, spoke up, "So how are you doing?" 

At that, he chuckled, "I'm good, still adjusting to this place, but other than that I'm good." 

"Good." She said nodding, instinctively trying to tuck another piece of hair behind her ear, only to find that she'd already done that. 

"You know what though?" He started, moving to grab his phone, "I was wondering whether you'd mind showing me around. I mean I'm new here and I don't know that much about this place. Would you mind giving me your number?" 

At that, he held his phone out for her to put in the number. 

"Uhm..". she said staring down at the phone, "Sure. I mean I'd love to show you around." 

Taking the phone from his hand she put in her number and handed it back. "Here you go, just text or call me." 

"Alright, thank you." He said smiling brightly. "I'll send you a text so you have my number as well." 

"Okay..." Delia said smiling softly. 

"Well..." He said rubbing the back of his neck, "It was good seeing you, I'll call you soon!" 

"See you soon!" She said as he started walking away. 

Smiling she watched him leave, and he turned back around once smiling at her, before completely leaving. 

Realizing that she stood there smiling like an idiot, she returned to what she was doing. Grabbing the dye that she thought was best she quickly went over to the cash register and paid. 

Once she arrived home she immediately went over to the bathroom, whilst reading the back of the hair dye. 

"Delia?" 

Her head shot up as she locked eyes with Olivia. 

"What are you doing? What did you do to your hair? And Oh my god, your eyes!" She exclaimed. 

"I..." Delia started, "I don't know?"

"Is that hair dye?" Olivia suddenly said pointing at the bottle she was holding in her hand. 

"Yes." 

"Why did you buy that?"

"To dye it back?" Delia said, in a questioning way. 

"Why would you do that?" Olivia asked with furrowed brows.

"To make it seem like I didn't have a mental breakdown..." 

"It doesn't look like you had a mental breakdown." Olivia said with a sigh, "I mean it looks good, maybe a little intense, but you can pull it off. 

"Do you think so?" Delia said looking unsure.

"Yeah, it's gorgeous, just like the eyes. The only thing is that they might freak people out, but only people you know." 

"That's exactly what I'm worried about," Delia said frowning. 

"Do you think it will change back?"  

"I have absolutely no clue, but I do have a bad feeling about this..." 

Olivia sighed... "Well at least you can pull it off... and who knows, maybe no one will see it." 

"Ya think?" Delia said sarcastically, placing her hands on her sides. 

"I don't know people aren't that attentive," Sophia argued. 

Sighing, Delia sat down, "Why is this happening?"