Chapter 10

By the time that Damian returned, Delia had already started with her first task, cleaning out the outdoor otter exhibit.

"Took you long enough," Delia said as he entered the exhibit.

Damian chuckled, "We talked for a moment," 

"You talked," Delia said with air quotations.

"Oh shut it." Damian replied with a chuckle. 

"Ah, well at least you're here now." 

The two of them worked in silence for a moment before Damian started talking, "I talked to your brother today." 

"Really?" Delia asked, "How is he?" 

"He's doing well," Damian said nodding. "We discussed our vacation." 

"Oh yeah, that's coming up soon." Delia replied, "It's so weird that you're friends with both me and my brother." 

"Hey! I was friends with him before I was friends with you!" 

"That is very much true." Delia replied chuckling. 

For a while, the two of them continued their cleaning whilst chatting. Then once they were finished and went on with their own separate work. 

By the time Delia was done with her shift, she made her way over to the lockerroom.

"So how are you doing?" Janet asked as she entered, "I head about your little tumble." 

Delia chuckled, "I'm fine, I had a minor headache before, but right now I'm fine." 

"Good." Janet replied smiling, "I'm happy to hear that you're alright. But I still suggest you take it slow and rest, just to be sure." 

"Don't worry, I will," Delia said turning to face the woman. Janet always had always been the 'strict, but kind' type of person. She was the type of person who possessed the ability to change between 'would never hurt a fly' and 'Intimidating as fuck'. Which was quite impressive for a forty-year-old lady of five foot five. But she sure stuck her ground. 

Overall, Janet had been like a mother to her. Someone who was always there to help her and look out for her. But also the one who could get mad at her and scold her if need be. 

"Just make sure to take care of yourself, honey," Janet said smiling at her.

"I will." 

"Good," Janet replied, "Now go home and get a good night's rest. I'll lock up tonight." 

"Thank you, Janet." Delia said, "Then I'll see you tomorrow." 

"I'll see you tomorrow dear," Janet replied with a soft smile. 

With that Delia left the aquarium and walked into the parking lot. Absentmindedly she started walking in the general direction of the car, whilst her mind drifted off. She wasn't really focused on anything at all when she saw movement from the corner of her eye. Immediately she stopped and turned suddenly vividly remembering the strange figure she saw earlier. A quick wave of panic fell over her as she quickly scanned her surroundings. For a split second her eyes lingered on the area near the sea but she assured herself that there was nothing there. 

"Are you alright?"

Delia jumped at the voice that suddenly sounded from behind her. Quickly she turned around to face the source of the sound. 

"Damian you scared me!" She yelled, hitting him in the chest. 

"Ouch!" He yelled back, "I didn't mean too. You just seemed zoned out." 

Delia sighed pinching the bridge of her nose, "Yeah I know, I'm sorry... I just thought I saw someone and I remembered the guy from earlier... I just got a little scared, that's all. Something just feels off." 

"Yeah I get that," Damian said with a kind expression on his face, "Here let me walk you to your car." 

"Thank you." 

As Delia got into her car she said her goodbyes to Damian and drove home. Even though the night had been quiet and uneventful she lay in bed quite early and slept like a log. 

The following morning she awoke when rays of sunlight hit her face. Bringing her hands to her face she rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she slowly opened them. From where she lay she could see the time on her alarm clock, 8:00. It was quite a bit earlier then she would have to get up that day, seeing as she had no morning classes, but she was awake now. So she started to get ready for her day. 

Then suddenly her roommate started knocking on her door, "Delia? You need to see this!" 

Confused Delia walked over to her room door and opened it, "What?"

"There has been a break-in at the aquarium."

Quickly Delia left her room and rushed over to the TV that stood in their living room. Sure enough, they were talking about the aquarium on the news... Grabbing the remote she quickly turned the volume up.

"Last night at around 10 pm a break-in occurred at the Alura Bay Aquarium." The anchorwoman said as they showed a picture of it. 

"41-year-old Janet Taylor was attacked as she was closing off the aquarium. Two masked men jumped her before beating her and tying her up. It was only when a man walking his dog heard the commotion that 911 was called. The men escaped capture as they fled the scene before police arrived."

As the anchorwoman finished that sentence the scene shifted to show the person whom had been walking his dog and had called 911. Delia knew the man, he was elderly and frequently visited the aquarium.

"It was horrible." He said as they interviewed him, "For a moment I thought I heard screaming, but I wasn't sure. Then as I got closer I noticed that the lights were still on. So I stopped and listened. Then Mac here started barking." He added holding up the Yorkshire, "That's when I was sure that something was off, so I called 911." 

The scene changed back to the anchorwoman as she started talking again. 

"As of now, the police are still uncertain what the men were after. Currently Janet Taylor is at the hospital recovering from the attack and she thankfully didn't suffer any major injuries." The anchorwoman finished before continuing on another topic. 

Shocked Delia started turning the volume down as Olivia started ranting. "She didn't suffer any major injuries my ass! They shouldn't have attacked her in the first place! Those mother fucking bastards! I hope they catch they'll catch then so they can rot in prison!"

"I can't believe it," Delia said, her eyes slowly welling with tears, "Those assholes..."