Chapter 20

Despite her earlier concerns (that were still present), Oliva did manage to convince Delia to study her 'new abilities'. It was therefore decided that once Oliva got of work the two of them would drive to a secluded beach and do some 'tests'. Delia wasn't quite sure what Olivia really meant by tests, but she had to admit, she was curious.

So now Delia's day consisted of morning classes, lunch with Gabriel, then showing him around and at the end of the day, she might just turn into a mermaid forever. All in all, she wasn't quite sure how to feel about this day and whether she looked forward to it or not. 

But to say she was nervous was an understatement. When she woke up that morning she stared at her closet for a long time. What should she wear? I mean she wanted to look cute, but she didn't want to look like she was trying to hard. 

So now here she was, standing in front of her closet, trying to figure out what to wear. She rummaged through her closet trying to decide upon an outfit. It was then that she noticed a dress that she hadn't worn in a long time. In fact, she had only worn it once, but that was only after Oliva had convinced her to do so. 

The dress itself was quite pretty, but Delia had always thought it just didn't suit her that well. Somehow it just didn't seem to agree with her. But now she picked up the light blue dress and held it up to her body. Suddenly she saw the dress in a whole new light...

With her new hair and eyes, the dress seemed to fit her own colour story better in away. So without looking further, Delia decided on wearing that dress, with a pair of sneakers. 

Quickly she got dressed and ready for her day. Soon she had scarfed down her breakfast and was on her way to her morning lectures. 

Throughout the lectures, she tried paying attention to the professors, but she failed miserably. Her thoughts kept wandering to the mysterious stranger with whom she would have lunch later that day. Additionally, her thoughts also kept returning to all the strange events that happened to her as of late, that seemed to increase in frequency. 

She was however pulled back from her thoughts when she noticed that the students were leaving the lecture hall. Apparently it had ended, and she hadn't even noticed.

Quickly she started gathering her stuff as she made her way towards the exit. A quick glance at her watch told her that it was now noon, meaning that she should probably head to the aquarium. 

Only 25 minutes later she parked her car in the parking lot. She then pulled down the mirror and examined herself, rearranging her hair and in general making sure she looked put together. 

Once she put the mirror back up she noticed that Gabriel was already standing at the entrance of the aquarium. Without hesitation, Delia grabbed her purse and left her car. 

"Hey!" She said as she approached him. 

He then turned around and greeted her with a hey as well. 

"So what kind of lunch were you thinking off?" Delia said smiling at him. 

"Well," He said pausing for a moment, "How about sushi?" 

"Great, I know this place not too far from here, we can walk there."

Gabriel smiled at her and said, "Well, lead the way." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know... I know... It's very short, but I'm really stuck on how to continue this. So I thought let's end the chapter here and hope for the best on the next one.