Chapter 23

Quick A/N: 

I apologise to anyone reading this story for not uploading for as long as I did. Admittedly I was both rather busy with getting my university degree and I had massive writers block. I do try to update whenever I can, but sometimes I get stuck for quite a while, again my apologies. 

Alright, let's get on with the next chapter!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had taken quite a while before Delia had figured out where exactly she was supposed to meet Olivia. You see that later had informed the former that they were to meet at a secluded beach, and nothing more. So Delia had to call Olivia and figure out where said secluded beach was. Apparently the word Olivia had thought that the word 'secluded' would provide Delia with enough context, which as mentioned before, it did not. 

But now, a little bit later than planned, Delia had arrived at the 'secluded' beach. As she parked her car behind Olivia's car she realised that Olivia hadn't been kidding when she said, 'No one ever comes there.' The surrounding area was empty, and the beach was located next to a dirt road, where no one ever came. 

As Delia locked her car she followed the narrow, barely there, path that lead downward. Careful not to trip over any foliage or rocks she made her way down to beach. When she emerged from the path she noticed Olivia sitting on a folding chair. 

"Took you long enough." Olivia said taking off her sunglasses, "I almost thought I had to come and get you." 

Delia sighed, "Perhaps next time, just give me an address." 

Olivia chuckled as Delia walked over to her, "So what is the plan?" Delia said putting her hands on her sides.

"Well," Olivia said getting up from her chair, "I'd say you get into the water, and we'll see what happens." 

"Please tell me that is not your only idea." Delia said apprehensively." 

"Look, nothing can go wrong, worst case scenario I'm here." Olivia said, starting to push Delia towards the water. 

"No, worst case scenario I turn into a fish and I don't turn back..." Delia said reluctantly, but still moving towards the water. "I can't believe I'm doing this..." She said as she got to the edge of the water. "Should I take my clothes of first?" She said turning to Olivia. 

"hmmm..." Olivia pondered, "I don't know..." 

Delia sighed, "I was afraid you'd say that..." she said as she looked down at her  shoes, "You know what I'll at least take these off." 

Placing a hand on Olivia's shoulder for balance, Delia took off her shoes and handed them to Oliva, "Here, hold on to these." She added, right before she set her first step into the sea.  

While it was quite a warm day, the water itself was quite frigid and Delia  was hesitant to step in further. The water was now lapping at her feet, as she was getting used to the temperature. A part of her was scared that the transformation would happen the second she touched the water and another part was sure that the whole mermaid tail had been a hallucination. 

When nothing happened after a couple of seconds however, she decided to continue into the water. Slowly but  surely she started moving into the water, the level slowly rising up  her body. Soon the water came up to her waist, the dress she was wearing was now sufficiently soaked. 

"Is anything happening?" Olivia asked, still holding the shoes in her hand. 

Delia was startled by the question, having almost forgotten that Olivia was there as well. At this point she was sure that her legs were still there, as they felt rather cold. With her hands still above the water she turned around, now facing the shore and Olivia. 

"I don't think so." She said looking down at her body, "Perhaps it was a one time thing." She added sounding hopeful. 

"Perhaps you should go in further." Olivia said with a slight frown. 

Delia took a deep breath, she had a point there. Instead of opting to walk deeper into the water she decided to lower her body down into the water. At first she only put her hands down, but then she bended her knees and let herself sink down into the water. 

It was then that she suddenly felt a strange sensation and suddenly she was no longer cold. Panicked she looked down, but she already knew what she would see... Gone were her knees and feet, now replaced by  a long black tail. A high pitched shriek left her mouth as her  head went underwater.