Chapter 12

Startled to the core she reeled around, fearing what she would be faced with. 

Surprisingly there was nothing or no one behind her. 

Slowly she walked to the door and peered around the corner. Suddenly there was another loud noise, originating from her right. Quickly she turned her head to the other side of the hallway as she heard voices. 

"I asked where it was!" a deep male voice she'd never heard before bellowed. 

"In a laboratory..." a weak sounding Kevin answered. 

"Shit!" Delia whisper yelled as she heard a loud thud, followed by footsteps headed in her direction. Quickly she ducked back into the laboratory and locked the door behind her.  Pressing her back against the door she slowly slid down it until she touched the floor, meanwhile keeping her eyes tightly closed. 

She felt fear creeping up her body as she listened intently. 'Please don't go into this laboratory...' 

"What are we looking for?" A second unknown voice asked, sounding awfully close. 

Pressing her back even harder into the door she stopped breathing for a moment, fearing that they might just hear her. 

"A glowing round rock." The other voice answered. 

Delia's eyes shot open and landed right on the orb that was only a couple of feet away from her. 

"Fuck..." 

Thinking quick she moved away from the door and closed the blinds making sure that they couldn't look into the laboratory. 

'What do I do now?' She thought, looking around the room. 

She knew that there were about three laboratories, two of which were on the right side of this one. That meant that she would have a little bit of time before they would try to break down this door. 

Then she heard something that she didn't expect, she heard them breaking down another door. A reinforced door that would be nearly impossible to breakthrough...

Panicking she didn't think before grabbing the orb and placing it in her pocket. Taking another look around the room her eyes landed on the outside window behind the table. 

She knew that she was on the second floor, but she also knew that that side of the building bordered in the sea. 

As she heard them breaking down the next door she quickly walked over to the window and opened it. Poking her head out she looked down, determining the height that she would have to fall down. 

The drop was a long one, but as she predicted she would fall into the sea. Would it be deep enough, however, or would she fall on the rocks? Placing one leg out of the window she balanced her self on the windowsill. 

Weighing her options she looked back into the laboratory right as they started kicking down the door. Her mind was sent into complete panic as the door gave in and she was faced with two men. 

"Stop her she has the rock!" One of them yelled as the other rushed over to her.

As fast as she could she pulled out her other leg and pushed herself out of the window, closing her eyes and preparing herself for impact. 

The two men yelled things after her, but she could no longer make out what they were saying, nor did she care. Right now her mind was on one thing and one thing only, the fall... 

It almost seemed to have happened in slow motion, like she had been falling for longer than she should have been. For a split second, she thought that she might not even hit the water at all. But it was right then that she made contact with the water. Normally the water would be a kind and forgiving place to fall in, but from this height, it felt like hitting concrete. 

She gasped, taking in a final breath of air before she felt herself sink down into the depths. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N.

It's a short update, but I honestly felt like this was a good point to end this chapter. 

Also if you like this story then please vote, share and comment! Furthermore thank you for reading this story!