Chapter 2: In The Cover of Light

Summary:

All Might has lunch.

Izuku is called an old man and Glitter. Because why not.

• • • • •

Izuku was timid.

And he was also the vigilante Irony, but that's not important right now... Well, it kinda is since majority of his life revolves around being Irony but it's currently daytime so let's put that behind us.

As Irony, he looks like a complete wreck, he still kinda does, but it's an organized mess. For one, he doesn't have prominent bags under his eyes, they don't just magically disappear, per say, he just uses a concealer to - well - conceal them. Next, he uses glasses, he doesn't have bad eyesight, but it's to filter his normally bright green eyes to a duller shade. It works, promise. With these miniscule changes along with a more proper wardrobe, he has perfected the act of timid nerd (it wasn't an act, he was a nerd).

Currently, Izuku was sitting in a library, reading an interesting book about... Uh, a science thing with a really long title. Honestly, only this muttering genius could understand whatever that is.

His watch had beeped, signaling it was lunch time, but he really wanted to continue the book... But he also needed to follow his schedule (you needed to be healthy to jump about with a grappling hook after all), so he simply settled for borrowing it and reading while eating (it wouldn't be the first time).

Izuku exited the library with a soft ring from the bell, he lived far away from his hometown but still close enough to defend it when he was Irony, it was a pretty cozy place to live in. They knew he was quirkless, but no one went out of their way to bother him (no one approached him either but he was used to it, better than getting beaten).

He took his usual route.

• • • • •

He regretted taking his usual route.

Because there, standing in front of him in all his yellow glory, was All Might.

No, there wasn't a villain attack, he simply just ran into mother fucking All Might. Buying groceries!

"All might..." Was all he was able to choke out, the man had on his usual smile, but it seemed strained, and he had a thin layer of perspiration running down his form. Did he catch him at a bad time?

"Good day, My boy!" He said in his extravagant voice.

Izuku snapped out of his stupor and quickly fumbled in his bag (he always carries one around), taking out his analysis notebook for heroes, he flipped to the page about All Might.

"C-can you sign this?!" Ugh. Damn his squeaky voice. Get your shit together Izuku!

"Of course!" The blonde took it and skimmed the page, only slowing down once he found how throughout and accurate it was.

Other than not knowing about his injury (which was good), everything else looked like it was copied from the government's database about the number one hero (which, this time, wasn't such a good thing for a teen to have).

"My boy! Of you don't mind me asking, where did you get these?" He asked, once finished sprawling his name around two pages of the notebook, call it what you want, it was a signature.

"Uh, I-I made them myself...?" Izuku answered unsurely, not sure why the man would be asking that.

"...Ah" his voice wasn't loud and boisterous this time.