Chapter 4: Strength

Summary:

Training. But no actual training scenes because the author is lazy.

• • • • •

Izuku took a deep breath, preparing himself to enter the gym that Eraserhead had asked him to meet in.

This was nerve wracking.

Because vigilantes don't just get the chance to learn how to fight through the hero that has been chasing them the past month.

Especially not Irony.

Especially not from the Eraserhead.

He pushed open the doors, feeling giddy seeing a yellow... thing at the corner of the gym.

Well, nothing else was here so it must be Eraserhead...?

"U-um"

The yellow sleeping bag - he realized it was - rustled, it faced him.

Izuku startled a bit at the dead looking face that met him, although he shouldn't be, I mean, he's seen a mirror before so...

"You're finally here, one minutes late" he said while getting out of his sanctuary.

Eraserhead stood in front of him, form slouched yet presence daunting, air professional but stance casual.

That one minute must have been the time he spent outside internally fanboying at his current predicament, it was dangerous and could possibly put his identity as Irony at risk, but it still set his inner hero-loving self ablaze.

"S-sorry!" He squeaked in a high voice that he internally cursed every time it came out, in other words, each time he opened his mouth.

"Hurry over here, we're starting" Eraserhead always managed to sound dead inside every time he talked.

"Right!"

He made Izuku do some standard exercises, which he, by the way, aced - uh, at least, he would have aced if he was Irony right now - but he's not, so....

Shouta sighed "we have a lot to work on"

"Y-yes!" Izuku pretended to be tired at his miserable excuse of an exercise.

"But before that, you need to stop hesitating with everything you do" Shouta stared at him "You're wasting precious seconds fumbling over a every little thing. In this world, time is of essence, we can't afford to waste any of it"

Shouta expected many reactions from Izuku. One he didn't predict, however, was understanding. It shone within those forest green orbs far too brightly, but the rest of his face didn't seem to show it. It was as if the kid didn't expect him to see such a strong emotion in his eyes

"I-Im sorry! Oh w-wait, you asked me to-" he kept muttering, on and on and on that Shouta can barely even keep track of his words.

To think before this he thought humans breath.

He sighed "shut up" and he did. Good.

"Look, I don't expect you to suddenly be confident, but at least try"

"Right!"

• • • • •

"U-um, Aizawa-sensei?" Izuku questioned as be wiped the sweat off his face, it had gotten dark and both were about to wrap up their first training session.

Shouta merely let out a hum of acknowledgement, he surely had a lot to think about now. First day and he already knew this one would be a problem child.