Chapter 8: This is Izuku Midoriya

Summary:

It's Izuku's first day in school and- oh, are those people with actual intelligence he spots!? What a rare sight!

• • • • •

It was nearing the start of high school.

Truly, truly great.

Some were excited, jumping about, ready to meet new people. Others were dreadful, for it was the start of the most chaotic phase of your life.

Izuku, was contemplative.

Should he go to a high school?

This wouldn't normally be a question asked by a person of Izuku's age, because it's either they want to but can't or they don't want to but need to.

For him, well, he's perfectly capable of going to a high school by himself, and there's no one to force him, so in the end, it's all on him.

But you see, that's exactly the problem. Because if someone were to ask him to choose between eating a raw avocado or jumping off a building wearing a cosplay of All Might's choosing. He'd take a long time to choose, which that, in itself, is worrying.

Yagi had asked about it during one of their meetings,

"What high school are you going to Midoriya-shounen?" he had asked as they were taking a little scroll after having lunch.

"I don't know... I've never really thought about it" Izuku muttered.

"But this is important for your future! Even if you don't want to be a hero, you still need to find a proper job!" Yagi scolded.

"R-Right, b-but - what's a good school?" He was reluctant not because he cared but because he needed the time for his vigilante work, and being too busy with school will hinder that.

"Hm... You could try UA? It's not only the top school for heroics you know" the blonde suggested, it definitely wasn't because he was now teaching there and just wanted to see the smaller male.

"I don't know, can I even get in?" Izuku fiddled with his fingers. Fuck yeah he can, but the true question is if UA is a discriminatory establishment like all others or if it really is 'special'.

"Of course! Your excellent analytical skills are more than sufficient in what UA looks for in a student" Yagi complemented, because it was true.

"Mhm, I-I'll think about it" Izuku shrugged it off and they soon returned to other topics.

"So how has your training with Aizawa-san been going?"

"Fine, he-he's a really good teacher! Although he can be really strict he's also very kind and only seeks for the best in his students that the hard training only pushes me to be better next time because he's the kind of person that you don't want to disappoint and I'm really greatfull to him and to you for bothering with me-" the green haired male continued to rant.

Yagi smiled fondly at the freckled teen, true to his words, he could already see results. The way he held himself was firmer and more confident. He could see the muscle underneath the baggy shirts he wears.

How much Izuku has improved, although during the few times he met with Aizawa, he never looked satisfied, as if he could do so much more with Izuku - he supposed it was just him being a teacher, always seeking the improvement of their students.

They parted ways not soon after, and Izuku was left alone in his apartment, thinking. Always thinking.

UA huh...