Chapter 5: Dammit, Yagi

Summary:

This is why All Might was not fit to be an underground hero.

• • • • •

It wasn't often Yagi went out at night, ever rarer he went out as All Might. This time though, he did both, although it was rather unintentional.

Yagi had decided that a nightly walk would be a good idea. It's been a few weeks since Shouta had started training Izuku and the blonde could see the improvement already, the teen had gained some muscle, and he seemed just the slightest bit more confident in himself, that happened when you were being taught by 'Aizawa-sensei', apparently.

But because of this training, he saw Izuku less and less, he wasn't clingy or anything but he wasn't afraid to admit that Izuku's company was enjoyable. The boy, although young, could match him in terms of matureness (though that's not a very high standard, Yagi). He made him.... Happier.

He decided to take a little walk in the middle of the night, since even the number one hero sometimes had insecurities (him especially). Sometimes, even the weight of AFO crashed down on him, sometimes even he felt overwhelmed by this responsibility that he put upon himself as the holder of the people's peace.

Sometimes, even he thinks selfishly about passing the burden to someone else.

But it's not the time, he will someday (he needed to), but he can still go on, no need to needlessly place the weight of the world on someone else's shoulders when he still has the strength to do so.

Therefore, a walk was in order to calm his thoughts, I didn't matter if it was the dead of the night, he needed a walk. This didn't happen often, though when I did Yagi really hated it. He was a hero! He couldn't be wasting his time wallowing in his self pity.

He was halfway in his activity when something- someone crashed through the wall of a building in front of him, barely missing the blonde hero.

"Gah-! Hey! No breaking property remember!?" The hooded figure called out, Yagi could hear a snicker and a "Right right!" From the other side.

The man then looked beside him, only now noticing the skeleton of a person beside him.

They both blinked.

"Uh, hi?" The mask was grinning, with the brightest green eyes behind the hood that covered everything else.

"...Hi" Yagi waved a hand in greeting. And this was...?

"Yeah, um, you may want to leave 'cause battles are dangerous and all..." He made a circular motion with his hands, tilting his head to the side just slightly.

"Battle?" The blonde raised a brow, what are the chances.

"Battle, you know... Fighting. Fists. Blood. Any of that ring a bell?"

Well, that wasn't necessarily the question he was implying.

"Ah, yeah sure" he nodded anyways. The was either a villain or a vigilante, since he knew no heroes like him, so it was time to bring out All Might, he guessed.

"Welp, Irony out!" He seemed to wink at him before rushing back in the hole he made.

Irony, huh?

Yagi waited before he was out of view before turning into his muscular form, intending to stop the battle.

It wasn't often Yagi went out at night, ever rarer he went out as All Might. This time though, he did both, although it was rather unintentional.

Although, looking back, he's glad he did.

If not, he would not have been able to stop this obviously biased fight. One was so much bulkier while the other - the one that crashed through a building - was slim, although he seemed rather experienced, clumsy, but experienced nonetheless.