Chapter 3: On The Topic of Need

Summary:

The number one hero begging for an underground hero to train a child?

Yeah, not your everyday occurence.

• • • • •

Months passed and All Might had been meeting with Izuku more and more, at first it was for the notes, then it turned into an enjoyable activity not between hero and civilian, but between two people.

All Might had figured out that Izuku liked analyzing fights, if his notebooks had said anything. He was highly intelligent and kind, but he also liked to rush into a battle without any self-awareness whatsoever (familiar, Yagi?) just for the sole purpose of analysis. It worried the blonde sometimes.

Izuku was also very timid, not to mention quirkless, so he was a prime target for bullying and easy picking for villains, luckily, school hasn't started yet so maybe the number one hero can help him defend himself.

Currently, they were in their usual cafe, and like all great cafes, it was underrated, which came in handy when you were meeting with the number one hero. The customers and owner had somewhat gotten used to this unusual duo so it was peaceful for them there.

"Midoriya-shounen" All Might started. He planned to address this issue before he couldn't meet with him anymore. He had, after all, started to genuinely care along the lines.

"Hm?" Izuku was previously muttering under his breath as he normally did, only staring at his coffee.

The green haired teen looked up at the number one hero, pushing up his glasses as it had gotten skewed.

"Uh, yeah?" He had gotten the stuttering to stop, although the awkwardness will always be his good companion.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to learn how to fight?" He had learned to keep his volume normal when it was just the two of them... It seemed he was quite sensitive to loud noises (flinching, having this look in his eyes that screamed terror).

Izuku blinked.

Eh? "Fighting?"

The blonde hero nodded "Fight. But not to beat people up or anything! Just to defend yourself, since your... You know... Quirkless- not that that's bad! But in a world of superpowers, it's just dangerous, so - at least - you can handle yourself when in danger" he explained.

A hero through and through, huh?

That is, if that really is the reason why he would want him to know how to fight. But then again, what other benefits could he have from helping him?

He wouldn't get fame, he doubts anyone would even know if a quirkless kid was helped by All Might, and if they did, it was the usual, and he knows that All Might knows that he wouldn't start talking about him and his 'amazingness' to people (mainly because he has no one to talk to), he wouldn't get any money either, it would only hinder him if his information source (yes, of course he knew) knew how to fight back, so why...?

"Why...?"

"Eh?" All Might looked at the teen " Well, as I've said, so that you can defend yourself-"

"No! Um- why... Why would you try and help me of all people...?" The green haired male looked down in actual shyness, not like his act of timidity that he normally puts up as 'Izuku'.

"Well, of course, because- YOU NEED IT!" All Might suddenly stood up and put his fists on his hips, that grin ever present on his face.

Ah. Slipping into his inner 'hero' so easily.

This time, Izuku didn't flinch at the outburst, because suddenly, to Izuku, his smile seemed so much brighter. His presence seemed much more comforting, and for that one moment, Izuku questioned to himself,