Chapter 10: Rising

Summary:

With the vigilante's fondness for dramatics, it was inevitable that he'd gain popularity.

Although, Izuku wasn't expecting his civilian persona to slowly garner attention as well.

• • • • •

"Yes! Thank you for today, Aizawa-sensei!"

Uraraka's head whipped towards the voice, it was shaky, and a bit high pitched, although it undoubtedly belonged to a boy. But that wasn't her main concern.

Aizawa-sensei!?

Her teacher at UA!? What was he doing out here? The sun has almost set! Maybe some hero work? But she clearly heard someone call him "sensei" so it must be his student of sorts. Maybe one of her classmates? But who among them has such a voice–

"Right, problem child, go straight home after this, it's almost dark" she heard the voice of her teacher say.

Uraraka decided to fuck it and took a peek. She hid behind a wall, it wasn't very clear from where she was, but there was green.

"Of course!"

Footsteps.

Heading towards her direction.

She quickly retreated further behind the wall she was hiding behind, hoping that she didn't look suspicious.

I mean, it's not like there's anything weird about standing not so casually (although it was attempted) in a dark alley.

A person passed her,

And there was green.

Despite her predicament, she still attempted to see his face, it was dark, and it was hard to make out features but–

His eyes were an acidic green.

(Bright in the moonlight, bright under the shadows )

Green that was staring right at her.

. . .

There was a moment of silence befor–

"Gaaahhhh!! "

They didn't really know who screamed first among them, but both hopped away from the other, Uraraka falling on her behind.

"W-w-wha– u-u-um– I–" the male stuttered, hands not knowing where to go, so they settled for flailing around.

"I-I-I-I– s-sorry! U-uh, c-ca-can y-you–?" he spluttered but still ended up with a hand outstretched towards the female, shaky with unsure eyes.

Uraraka blinked out of her shock and slowly took the hand offered, it would be rather rude not to.

"A-Ah, sorry for scaring you!" She smiled in what she hoped was in a comforting manner. She was caught.

"N-no i-it's– I–"

"What's going on here, problem child" Shouta appeared behind the green haired male, eyes looking done.

Uraraka stiffened.

She wouldn't get in trouble for this right? It wasn't even school hours! And she was simply taking her time to go back home and–

"A-Aizawa-sensei!" Both exclaimed at the same time, and in their shock looked at the other, only for Izuku to look away awkwardly.

The mentioned man only raised a brow at his students

"And what, pray tell, are you doing here and not home, Uraraka?" Shouta addressed the female.