WATERS

6

WATERS

"Haze!" I squeal as he throws me over his shoulder and runs to the water. Lemon's is a brunch place next to the beach, and Haze and I always hang out there instead of eating, though his parents don't appreciate that very much.

He throws me into the water with an excited smile on his face as I go under. The water waking me up even more as I come back up and shake off like a dog.

"I hate you!" I scream and he chuckles, "Come on! I know you love me, Rox!" He says and I squint at him, standing up and taking off my romper, revealing my dark green bikini.

I see our family sitting on the ground on the beach towels Leo bought. I run over to them, seeing Haze behind me running too, but I'm faster than him. Leo's always faster then me when we do this sorta thing, it's more fun when you win.

I run over and throw my romper down next to Rose. "Rose help!" I squeal, knowing Haze is about to catch up to me. Rose just chuckles, and when I turn around I am immediately faced with Haze, he throws me onto his shoulder and I squeal as he shines a fake smile at Leo.

They've never liked each other, and Leo's clenched jaw and tense body proves that even more. Haze sits down next to Rose and she smirks at me, wiggling her eyebrows as I am still over Haze's shoulder. I sigh and he smiles and shakes his head, flipping me over so I'm on his lap and not over his shoulder.

I shake my head and look over to his parents, "Hello again." I say with an awkward laugh and his dad just continues talking to Lucio, while his young stepmom just squeals.

"oh you guys are so cute!" She starts, and I shake my head, Leo's gaze on me completely.

I turn my head towards him, his eyes stuck in mine like I was the most important thing in the world.

"Sure," Leo scoffs, looking away from us as my heart burns, my eyebrows furrow and my eyes drop and face drops as he won't look at me.

But it doesn't matter, the entire time I've known him he doesn't look at me like that forever, he always covers it up or makes fun of me.

Rose pulls me off of Hazes lap and he squints at her, she just sticks out her tongue. "So Miss Roxanne, how have you been?" Mrs. Waters asks and I shrug, "I guess I've been good." I say awkwardly, I've never been very close with Haze's family like the McClures, but I've been close with him since we met.

I give Rose a look of desperation, a call for help, and being the friend she is she gets up and grab my arm, ripping off her dress and revealing her bathing suit.

"Let's go!" She says as she grabs my hand, running down the beach, "Rosie this is not the time-" Jemma starts but Rose just screeches back, "Yes it is!" She was always free spirited like this.

I laugh as we run into the warm water, the ocean water flowing evenly against my skin as I flip my body in, bringing my knees up to my chest so only my upper torso and knees stick out, as the waves aren't too strong today.

Leo comes over slowly, walking with his hands in his pockets as his abs are on full display, his perfect pale skin almost shining as he sits next to me. "They're coming." He says lowly, and about two seconds later, our bodies submerged in maybe a foot and a half of water, Haze jumps in.

I look over at Leo and chuckle, to which he just turns his head to me and gives me a smirk. Rose almost falls over at Haze, almost drowning in a foot of water. Her body wobbled as Haze comes running towards her, almost tackling her in before Leo gets up and grabs Haze.