CLUELESS

20

CLUELESS

"YOU freak me out with the way you talk." Haze says and Rose laughs, "Noooo, me and my family are just way closer than yours were." She says and I chuckle.

"If you're dad let's you make out with boys in your bedroom with no protest I would assume that's not very close." I say and Haze nods, "She gets it! That's just weird!"

"It kinda is, when my dad was alive he would yell at me if I went into Leo's room."

"That's because it was obvious y'all liked each other!" She says and I laugh. "Back then it was obvious anybody liked each other, they would give each other candy bars and crap." I say and she laughs.

"Jace bought you a mars bar from the gas station when he was twelve and we were on a road trip because you told him once that you never had one. It was the most adorable fucking shit I'd ever heard."

"You definitely get your cussing from your brother." Haze says and she rolls her eyes, taking a bite of mashed potatoes, speaking with her mouth open she huffs, "At least I didn't get the inability to commit." She says and my face drops as it clicks.

"Yea you also didn't get the manners, love." Haze says as he rubs her mouth with his shirt sleeve. She smiles at him, blushing as he stares at her with a smile.

Awe cute..

Time to ruin that.

"You know, huh?" I ask and she swallows, "uh... noooo...." she says, pulling out her vowels as my face falls even more if possible.

"What?" Haze asks, his eyebrows furrowed as I look at my lap. "I don't know what happened either Haze..." I mumble, waiting for Rose's shunning as I know she's lying.

"Oh no! Rox! I'm not angry at you at all!" She says, pulling me in for a hug. I sniffle as I lean back on the bed. "Tell me what happened, Rose.." I mumble and she sighs, "Yeah me too!" Haze screams and I chuckle, staring at the ceiling.

"Well we all know I'm a snoopy fucking bitch-"

"Should I be worried?" Haze asks and she nods aggressively, "Get ready I'm about to drop eighteen fucking bombs."

She sighs, taking a bite of food and speaking again. "I told him I snooped through his stuff so he's believe me but really... I love my brother, Rox. So I know... when he's happy. When he's really happy and in love. I never got that when he was with Pearl, after he was relieved and then one day I could just see it in his eyes. He was so fucking happy. So happy.... it was the day you left the beach house. He told me it was the day he asked you, Roxy to be his girlfriend. You may be asking, when did you talk about this with him? Well... when Roxy cut her hand I knew she wouldn't remember it so I wanted Jace to have to say all of the things he cousins said without her in the room, all of those lies, while she was right in front of him and in his arms."

I stare down at my cut hand and she smiles, congratulating herself, "so thought it was a pretty good plan."

"Nice job, Ro." Haze says and she smiles as she leans down next to me, looking up at the ceiling.

"I told him I knew, and that I knew you were scared that I would hate you. I told him that I would never hate you, I'd be a little sassy when you were setting a little too close for comfort but other than that nope. I told him that with this info, I wanted him to tell people, to at least prove to me that he really loved you. I told him if he didn't it proved what I thought was the real reason he was scared to tell people.... he loved you so much he didn't know if you could love him that much too... so he was scared. He just loved you too much! And he did that exact thing tonight, after saying in anger that maybe he didn't love you at all, he proved me right. He just ducking loves you too much." She says and I chuckle...