BONUS CHAPTER #1

BONUS CHAPTER #1

LEO'S POV

AGE 17, BEGINNING OF THE STORY

god... what am I doing.

What am I DOING???

She ran out of the water, my lips still tinged with the taste of her pink lip gloss.

I didn't know this was gonna happen.... it's not on my mother's itinerary for the trip to realize you're in love with a girl you've known for almost eleven years.

But god she was beautiful. She was so... so beautiful.

I keep still on the surfboard, watching as she runs down the sand and to the beach house.

What was I gonna do?

I mean... nobody could know. Nobody.

This is so embarrassing...

But I should've known....

There were so many signs....

:;

FLASHBACK

WHEN HE STARTED WANTING TO KISS HER

AGE 13/15

"Let me hear it!" She screams and I chuckle, "Why would I do that?"

Her brown hair falls down on the pillow as she lays on my bed, her body straight as my hand goes to her stomach automatically, rubbing small circles as it reaches under the thin fabric to do the same on her bare skin.

"Because... you loooove me!" Roxanne explains and I chuckle with a shake of my head, fake gagging. "I don't love you!" I laugh, "I never will.."

Her face stiffens, "You don't have to show me its fine-" she starts, trying to get up but I put down my guitar and pin her down on the bed, my hands holding hers down as she squirms under me.

"Leo let me go..." she pleads but my stomach churns.

Never let her go Leo.... never....

"I'll show you the song..." I start but she shakes her head, "No! It's fine you don't want to, I get it. I'm just your stupid replacement younger sister..." she says but I shake my head.

I've never thought of her as a sister... something about her pulls me in in a way that I can't say is like a sister. I mean... I could admit that she was beautiful and I can't do that with Rose so-

"no! Where is all of this coming from?" I ask and she closes her eyes, her body relaxing under me before she opens her eyes again and looks up at me through her eyelashes.

"nothing..."

And something about our position and that look makes something tingle inside of me. She was so beautiful....

"Just listen... okay?" I ask and she nods , backing up against my headboard as I cover myself with my guitar.

I swallow...

(Drifting Away, Khai Dreams)

"If it's all just a dream
Then I don't ever want to wake up
I think I've had enough of this life and
I could lay here with you and
Watch the world turn
Never say a word
Drifting away on the various notes
She said she liked the way my voice hits the highs and the lows..." I sing what Roxy herself told me, she liked the way my voice could hit the highs and the lows.

"How it reminded her of home
A familiar tone"

I never knew what this song was about before I sang it to her, I would write it's lyrics and cords down and wonder where it was all coming from in my head....