Chapter 6

"What are you doing here?" Pharm and Win ask each other at the same time.
"This is my best friend's house." Win replies first. "So what are you doing here?"
"He's In, Win." Dean says from behind Pharm. Pharm tries to run past Win but he is held back.
"You finally found him." Win exclaims then he looks at Pharm.
"P'Win let me go." Pharm tries to get his wrist out of Win's grasp but it's too tight.
"Pharm calm down. We don't want to hurt you. I know this sounds absurd but you have got to believe us. It's real." Win says slowly letting go of Pharm's wrist.
"How do you both know each other?" Dean's jaw clenches.
"Oh" Win chuckles. "You have nothing to be jealous about Dean. Pharm also works at Nirvana."
   Dean's eyes widen in shock so does Pharm.
"Is he the boss of Nirvana?" Pharm asks to only Win's hearing. He just nods in confirmation.
"Pharm..." Dean calls out weakly. Pharm's eyes meets Dean's eyes. "Aren't you tired of this hide and seek? Why not accept me? We were meant to be together so please stop avoiding me."
Pharm clutches his shirt around the the heart region as he feels emotional pain in his heart.
"Could you please give me some time to just think about this?" Pharm asks meekly.
Dean smiles, "Of course, I will be waiting for you."
    Pharm walks out of the house going back to his house. He videocalls his mom asking about her health and everything concerning her. After the call, he thinks clearly about his relationship with Dean. He has not felt like this with anyone before. After giving it lot of consideration, tomorrow he will give his answer.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The maid barges into Del and Don's room.
"Del, Don, your parents will be coming back from Johannesburg today. They just landed in Thailand one hour ago."
"What?? Why weren't we told?" They both jump out of their beds rushing to take their baths.
The maid goes to Dean's room and knocks.
"I know, you don't have to tell me." Dean replies from inside room.
"Yes krab." The maid leaves going to the kitchen to prepare lunch.
   Del and Don rush downstairs to the sitting room anticipating their parents return. After some minutes, Dean also comes downstairs to the sitting room. The maid finishes preparing the lunch and sets everything on the dining table. A black car drives and stops in front of the house. Del and Don rush outside the house. Mr and Mrs Wongnate step out of the car. They both hug their children with smiling and laughing faces.
"Dad, mom, we both missed you so much." Del says hugging her mother tighter.
"We also missed you." Mrs Wongnate says.
Dean steps out of the house, his parents are shocked to see him.
"Dean..." his father walks towards his tall son and hugs him. Dean also hugs his father back. He missed them so much. Dean's father gives way for his wife to hug their son.
"Mom.." Dean hugs his mother tightly.
"I have missed you all so much. And don't worry we are here to stay. We have taken a vacation from work for now." Mrs Wongnate says.
"Let's go in." Dean says.
"Before we forget." Mr Wongnate says. "There's someone I want you to meet."
     The front passenger door opens and a pale skin young lady steps out. She curves her long black hair around her neck which falls in front of her chest. The wind blows her pink flower design dress gently. She stops in front of the family and gives a waai.
"Sawadee krab. I'm Giffy." She smiles.
Del and Don look at each other then at Giffy.
"Meet Giffy, she's my friend's daughter. We have a lot of catching up to do but first let's go inside."

    Pharm prepares a chocolate cake with red icing forming a heart shape in the center. The cake is put in a present box and covered. King gives it a couple waiting at the counter.
"I'm so jealous of that couple." Manow says looking at the boy and girl enviously.
"It's valentine, what do you expect? They are going to rub it in our faces." Team says.
"P'Win said that we can leave early today right?" Pharm asks removing his apron.
"Are you going somewhere?" Manow asks looking surprised.
"Ohhh.. Pharm has a date." Team teases the short man who blushes.
"Stop it. I will be leaving first. Bye. See you on Monday." Pharm waves them bye and leaves the kitchen through the back door. He takes a taxi boarding for Dean's mansion. He can't wait to reach and tell Dean his answer. He is already smiling at the thought.

    The family is seated in the living room after having dinner prepared by the maid.
"Giffy is Mr Tanapon's daughter." Mr Wongnate says.  "She has come to spend sometime with us."
"Oh pa, isn't Mr Tanapon a shareholder in the company?" Dean asks.
"Yes, we were together in Johannesburg but we left first and Giffy wanted to come with us." Mrs Wongnate says. "Dean do you remember Giffy? We were neighbours with her family when you were little. You both played a lot."
Giffy blushes at the thought.
"Yes I remember her. You're welcome to our home Giffy. Please feel free." Dean says.
"Thank you Dean." Giffy smiles and tucks her hair behind her ear.
"We have something important to say also. It may come suddenly but we hope you understand." Mr Wongnate says.
"Darling, can't it come tomorrow? Let's rest." Dean's mother says. She exhales gently and looks at the floor.
"Dean, we want you to marry Giffy." Dean's father says looking at his son.

      Dean blinks rapidly not understanding what's happening. Del and Don look at Dean who can't seem to speak anything.
"I don't understand." Dean says.
"It's one of the reasons we came back early. Your mother and I with Mr Tanapon made a decision. We want you to get married to Giffy." Mr Wongnate sits forward.
      Dean looks at his mother shocked but she is looking downward.
"I won't marry her. I don't love her. I mean we just met after so long. We don't even know each other."
Dean says calmly trying not to shout.
"You have to do what we say. Its for your best." His father says. "We have given you everything you want. Now we want something from you, you're rejecting us."

   Dean bangs the chair and stands up. "When have you given me what I wanted. Do you think I wanted the cars? The money? The toys? All I wanted was yours and mom's love but you weren't around. Always travelling."
"You won't to talk me like that." Mr Wongnate stands up pointing at his son.

  Ding Dong!!! The door bell rings.