Chapter 13

I dedicate this chapter to @MonicaCorn . Thanks for the comments and votes.

       After two beeps, Dean picks up the call.
"Good day Win." Dean greets.
"I have important news for you." Win starts immediately not bothering for greetings.
"I hope there isn't any problem."
"We saw Pharm today, he's alive Dean." Win smiles feeling happy for his best friend. He notices the line go silent for a while. "Dean, are you there?"
"Yes, I know. I saw him in the board meeting we had today." Dean says.
"Wow, how was he?" Win asks.
"He's changed Win. He has this hate for me. He blames me for what happened to him. I understand his view but I didn't plan for any of this to happen." Dean pinches his nose feeling totally helpless in this situation.
"There's something else you should know." Win looks at Manow and Team who are looking at him nervously.
"We think Pharm is working with the owner of PinkCafe, he was seen discussing with Sun."
"You must be joking, Pharm is a shareholder in our company. He can't possibly do something that will harm our company."
"Are you sure about that? You said it yourself, Pharm has changed. He blames you for what happened to him. What if this is some sort of revenge?" Win says trying to make Dean understand the situation.
"It's Pharm we are talking about. He can't possibly do that."
"If you don't believe me, you have lots of connections, ask your agent to get information between Pharm and Sun." Win suggests.
"I can't believe Pharm would do this. Is this how he hates me?" Dean says sadly.
"Put yourself together man. We have to tackle this situation one way or another." Win says.
"I will, thanks. Talk later." Dean cuts the call.
Win turns to his friends. "Let's all hope all this is resolved without anyone getting hurt in the process."

    Alex parks his black car in the parking lot of the fancy restaurant. Pharm unbuckles his seat belt and exits the car with Alex. Pharm admires how fancy the restaurant looks as they walk inside. Well lit with beautiful Roman designs are painted all over the walls and ceilings. Round tables with red cloth placed on it with red small foamy chairs.
   They reach a table and Alex drags a chair for Pharm to sit in. Alex takes his seat as well.
"This place is beautiful. It must be so expensive." Pharm still admires the place.
Alex laughs gently, "it's my favourite restaurant in Bangkok. I haven't brought anyone here before." Alex looks directly to Pharm's eyes who blushes.
    A waiter comes handing them two red colored menu books to choose from. The two males open the books looking at the dishes.
"I would like chicken soup with mushroom." Pharma chooses.
"I would like Ratatouille." Alex chooses.
The waiter writes it down quickly. "Is there any drink you would like sir?"
"Just red wine will do." Alex says.
      Pharm and Alex gives the waiter back the menu books.
"So how are you doing Pharm?"
Pharm looks downward for a minute then back at Alex.
"I'm...coping." Pharm couldn't find the right word. "But it's difficult for me."
"I understand. But just know I'm here for you." Alex places his hand on top Pharm's own.
"Here is your dish." Alex retracts his hand. The waiter brings a tray with two plates. He places the plate of ratatouille in front of Alex and the plate of chicken soup with mushroom in front of Pharm. Finally the bottle of red wine and two glass cups, then he leaves.
  "Wow, they look amazing." Pharm notices the neatly chopped chicken in the soup with traces of vegetables and mostly the mushrooms around it. He notices Alex's dishes with different blends of vegetables. They dive in, eating slowly.
  "Pharm?" Alex calls out making Pharm look up at him. "Are you single?"
Pharm couldn't speak for the moment not knowing what to say.
"Yes, I am single."
Alex smiles,"I want to date you."
Pharm gulps down saliva with much difficulty.
"You don't have to answer me right now. Just give it a lot of thought. I really like you Pharm and I promise to never hurt you." Alex says.
       After about 10 minutes, they have finished eating and have paid the bills.
"I hope you enjoyed the meal?" Alex asks.
"Yes, I did. It was splendid." Pharm smiles.
"About my proposal, I really hope you think about it. I really like you."
Pharm nods, "I will but whatever my decision is, I still want us to be friends."
"Of course."
  Pharm and Alex stands up and they see Dean and Giffy walking towards them. Shock appears in all their faces except Alex. The three were surprised to see each other.
     Giffy looks back at Dean and Pharm noticing the other guy beside Pharm. She smirks knowing she must play the card immediately.
"Hello Pharm." Giffy gives a waai which was done also by Alex and Pharm.
"Hello Giffy." Pharm replies already getting impatient.
"Are you here on a date with this handsome man?" Giffy smiles. "I'm Giffy and this is my husband, Dean."
"I'm Alex." Alex hand shakes Dean.
"And what brings you here?" Pharm asks.
"We were here on a da..." Giffy starts.
"We had a business meeting with one of our clients." Dean interrupts Giffy.
"We are just about to leave." Pharm says.
"So is he your boyfriend?" Giffy throws the question.
       Pharm looks at Alex knowing if he says "yes" it would execute his revenge plan but give Alex the wrong idea and if he says "no" he will give Dean the idea that he hasn't move on.
"Uh... he is my... my.." Pharm stutters.
"I'm his boyfriend." Alex concludes.
"Ohhhh" Giffy smiles knowing she heard exactly what she wanted.
"And we will be leaving" Alex crosses his fingers with Pharm and they walk past the couple.
"We are leaving as well so lets go." Dean tells his wife and they leave as well.