Near (Nate River) <3

Name: Makiko

Age: 16

Personality: Childish, quiet, doesn’t like angry people (A.K.A Mello)

Family: Died in a fire.

Friends: Near, L

Looks:

How you met-

I slowly walked down the halls of Wammy’s house, clutching my little brothers old moogle toy in my hand, as I walked, a group of children ran down the hall and knocked me over as they ran, sending the toy sliding across the floor.

‘Sugar!’ I cursed as I picked myself up and looked around for it, soon spotting a boy picking it up and looking it over.

“Here.” He said holding it out.

I reached out and clutched it, taking it off him.

“Um, I’m Nate.” He said quietly.

I walked passed him and motioned for him to follow, soon coming to a play room, I sat down and tipped some blocks out (You know the ones with letters on them?) and began arranging them into order.

‘M’ ‘A’ ‘K’ ‘I’ ‘K’ ‘O’.

“Makiko? Is that your name?” He asked.

I nodded and smiled slightly, holding two up together spelling ‘H’ ‘I’.

How he told you-

I sat at the doll house with Mello, holding up an old Barbie doll that L had given me that was custom made to look exactly like me, Near was sitting next to me holding up the ken doll that I had let him borrow, we were mostly just randomly playing, but he kept hogging the Barbie car (>.

“Hey Maki-chan?” Near made ken ask.

“What’s up Near?” I had my doll ask with a light giggle in my voice as it was a little weird for teenagers to be playing with dolls.

“I got you something.” He said as he blushed and had the Ken doll hold out a little box.

I put the doll I was using down and opened it, revealing a diamond ring, upon seeing this, I looked at Near surprised.

“I love you Maki-chan and I wanna be your one and only.” He said quietly.

I blushed and smiled, pressing your lips against his cheek.

“Of course I will.” I smiled.

How it happened-

I was watching Near make a tower out of dice, it was quite interesting to watch as he was pretty creative when it came to toys.

“Done.” He said simply as he stood up and walked around it to make sure that he hadn’t made any mistakes.

“It looks good.” I smiled as he sat down and laid his head on my head and cuddled me around the shoulders.

I nuzzled into his chest and felt him stroking my hair.

“Hey, I thought of a new game.” He said.

“Really?” I asked.

I looked up and he nodded, I practically worship whoever made up this game, it’s better then hide and seek!

How you told him-

I sighed as I looked at my belly, it wasn’t that big…yet. It was going to be though, and in a few months time, I’d give birth to a screaming, crapping bundle of so called ‘joy’ and it’d be covered in blood and guts, sounds like every woman’s dream.

‘What am I gonna do?’ I wondered as I held my moogle toy tightly.

“Maki-chan? Are you ok?” Near asked as he came in and noticed my distress.

I sat up and walked over to the table with all of Near’s toys on it, I cleared a space and took the blocks out, slowly lining them up while he watched over my shoulder.

‘I’ ‘M’ ‘P’ ‘R’ ‘E’ ‘G’ ‘N’ ‘A’ ‘N’ ‘T’

Near’s eyes widened as he read it and looked down at me.

“Why’re you sad then?” He asked.

I looked up at him surprised and noticed him smiling.

“Looks like I have to go teddy bear shopping soon…” He said thoughtfully.

Pregnancy/Delivery-

I sat on the couch with Near, I hadn’t really liked being pregnant seeing as Mello continuously called me fat, but it was mostly because I was Near’s wife and not his according to Matt.

“I think it’ll like the panda toy best…” Near said absentmindedly as he and I looked around the newly made baby’s room, fully set with toys and a crib, plus the necessities.

“Definitely, it’s so cute.” I smiled.

As we talked, I felt a wave of pain go over me.

“Maki-chan?” Near asked worried.

“It’s time…” I groaned out painfully.

Near didn’t need to be told twice, he managed to pick me up and get me to the hospital in no time, and after a lot of pushing and yelling, the baby came out.

“She’s so cute.” Near grinned as he held our daughter.

“What should we name her?” I asked.

“How about Shiro?” He asked.

I smiled and nodded, I really liked it.

In the future, Shiro actually married Mello and his wife Shiori’s son Meno which infuriated his father to no end but Shiori didn’t seem to care and actually asked to help out with the wedding, much to Mello’s annoyance and disgust, other then that, things went quite smoothly.