.1

Jailah Monè Smith
September 3, 2018

"aww lil bit, I'm gonna miss you so much gimme hug." My mama said hugging me

"Nahh imma miss you more." My uncle said nudging my mother in the head

"She going far she think she grown." My mama said playfully

"Duhh I am grown, stop playing with me." I said jokingly

They sucked they teeth and helped me with the rest of my bags out the car.

Right now I was in the airport saying my goodbyes. I was starting my new journey at North Carolina A&T, I'm coming in as a sophomore with a business major and I'm so excited.

"Bye lil bit, make sure you call and check up on your old folks or I will come up there and whoop yo ass." My mama said

"Okayyy mama, I love y'all. ill see y'all later I gotta catch this flight." I said before walking into the airport.

"We love you more" they said in unison

Growing up I was a spoiled lil bit. My momma is a t shirt business owner and my uncle is a Engineer Technician. My mom and uncle had the best relationship although my mama had me when she was 18 and my uncle basically was her caretaker he always made sure she had shit we needed especially since my father a dead beat.

Ion really know much about my father cause my mom said he left when I was born, he wanted to go off to college and live his life so he up left my mother. That's why she started her own t shirt business a quick way to make some type of income. After about a year and a half into her business it blossomed and now is extremely well known.

I wanna follow in my mama footsteps and start my own business but I want it to be a lash and lipgloss business.. that's why my major is business I hope to open my own lul boutique

8 hours later
"Miss miss, wake up" a lady said Tapping on my shoulders.

"What what's going on" I said

"Uhh we have arrived in North Carolina, it's time to get off the plane now."

"Oh shit my bad." I said while getting up and grabbing my bags

Shit I'm tired asf I done fell asleep and everything. I headed off the plane and made my way towards baggage claim to get the rest of my luggage. I found my bags and went outside to call an Uber.

"The first thing I gotta do is buy me a car." I said to myself.

The Uber came within 15 minutes and took about 45 minutes to get to my college. I got there grabbed all my stuff and headed to my dorm.

Since I'm a transfer I didn't know anybody coming to this new school but I've always wanted to go to an HBCU and being at a PWI my first year I can tell it wasn't for me.

I swiped my key card and headed inside. My dorm was set up like a suite,I had no roommate but 2 suitemates. I put my stuff down and laid back on my bed and enjoyed the peace and quiet... for now.

"Ayeeee it's the new semester time to turn up before classes." I heard some girl across the hall say. I ain't mind cause I was always told to get out my confront zone and enjoy the college life. My first year all I did was go to class, work and then home... shit was boring so I was gonna definitely enjoy the rest of my three years.

I got up and started placing my clothes and everything away until I heard a knock on the door.

"I'm coming" I yelled

I walked to the door and opened it and saw this pretty ass light skin girl. She was short and had a nice ass body.

"Hey girl, I heard your our new suit mate, my name is Aaliyah. Can I come in?"