38.

Dante Young
📍North Carolina
April 18th

'Grandma taught me how to pray
I be wanting you inside my life but you out
There fucking 'round with these lames
And I would try to make it right but you
Would try to make me feel ashamed
Come here, your friends too, it's alright
Come over, stay for the night, for the night
Young nigga, broke heart, take your
Motherfucking soul
Finna hit 5 and my oldest son ain't even
Fucking 5 years old
Baby, I know
You see me ridin' all alone
Baby, come see
The good in me 'cause they won't accept me
And I feel I'm scarred for my wrongs'

I rapped along to YoungBoy as I was getting ready to pick up Jahier. Shit me and Jay haven't talked in 4 months. If it wasn't bout our son then we haven't conversed. I definitely did her dirty and I have accepted that. She was living in the house while I just rented an apartment for the time being. Jay can't even look me in my eyes and I feel so bad cause I didn't even cheat on the girl, I was being dumb and entertaining a hoe that won't leave me alone now. See she calling me now, I said as my phone started ringing.

"What Key?"

"Wya? I'm tryna slid."

"I'm bout to pick up my son."

"Oh okay I'll be there in 20 min."

"Bitc-" before I could finish my sentence she hung up. She don't even know where I live. She better not bring her ass over here I don't barely talk to this hoe why would she even try to come over here while I have my son. I shook my head, grabbed my keys and left.

Jailah House
I pulled up to the house and they was already outside. Pooda is 10 months now and my ass can't believe it. I got out the car and see Jailah tryna get him to walk. I walked up to where they was at and I squatted down "come walk to me little boy." I said then he turned around and started smiling and doing his little wave.

"Come on walk." I said laughing. Jay held his hands as he took some steps and then she let go and he did like 4 steps on his own before falling on his butt laughing.

"Oh shit he ain't never did that" Jay said

"my son took his first official steps. Big dog shit." I said which caused Jay to laugh. When I stood up and picked up Jahier I looked at her smiling and then once she realized I saw her laughing she stale faced me.

"I love you Jay." I said as I took his bags from the stairs.

"Mhm. I'll pick him up on Monday so he can go to school." She said bout to walk in the house.

"Can we talk please."

"Nah. I love you pooda." She said to him then he did a little wave and with that she walked in the house.

My apartment
"Now you don't wanna walk, you fake." I said laughing at Jahier who was whining cause I was making him walk. "Aye Alexa play Nessa0g ft. Lil Sims Playing games." I said.

"You been changing up lately you think I didn't know.
But when I showed up announced you headed for the door.
The other nigga you been with you kept it on the low.
Tryna keep my distance so I didn't hit yo phone.
Hopped up in my whip and said I didn't need yo ass but now I'm thinking to myself I'm missing all that ass.
So I picked up phone and hit you with a heart. I sung before I was interrupted with a knock on the door.

I go to the door and opened it and here comes Key just brushed passed me and got right inside my house. "Bro what the fuck Key get your duck ass on." I said pulling her by her arm.

"Get of me bae." She said laughing and jerking her arm.

"Now you know I ain't your bae."

"Nigga stop playing with me." She said laughing and getting close to me.

"Girl back the fuck up and get out." She ignored me and walked over to where Jahier was picking him up.

"Ite now you gotta go." I said pulling her hair.

"Uhh you forgot his.." I heard a familiar voice say. Shit I say to myself once I realized I didn't close the door all the way.

"Dante you real life funny."

"I was just bout to drag this hoe out my house as you can see." I said still holding on to her hair.

"Put my son down bitch." Jailah spat putting the bag down she came in with.

"I ain't putting my step son down. Now go head." Key said. I let her hair go and grabbed Jahier from her, cause I knew Jailah was gonan fight her dumb ass. I quickly put Jahier in his play pin in the back room I come back and Jailah dragging Key out the door. Literally.

"Play.. stomp... with.. stomp... me.. stomp...again..stomp...bitch." She said stomping her out as she pushed her out the door. Once she was out she closed the door locked it and went in the back room to get Jahier. She came back with him in her arms and she grabbed his stuff bout to leave out.

"Jailah! JAILAH."

"What Dante?" She yelled back with tears running down her face. I pulled her into a a hug and hugged her.

"Why you playing with my feelings Dante." She said crying

"Come please let me explain." She cries even harder. I picked her up bridal style and put her in my bed. I took off her jacket, her shoes and her pants and she laid under the covers. I picked up Jahier and put him to sleep so me and Jay could talk. After that I come back in the room she is sleep with her thumb in her mouth.

1 hour later
I've been sitting here for an hour watching her sleep. She really has a pure soul and is so beautiful. I really hope I didn't fuck shit up for us forever. I kissed her cheek then just continued to stare at her. She moved a little and eventually woke up. When she woke up she just looked at me and started crying.

"I love you Jailah don't cry please. I'm sorry"

"Dante why was she over here." I sighed and started to explain what happened. "Well I beat her ass, but Dante I'm tired of beating these bitches ass or having fake beef with them cause of you. I'm tired of this lack of communication, I don't want Jahier to grow up like I did. I want him in a two parent house hold. I know we not gonna be perfect but I know we were meant to be. I just don't think I can trust you now..."

"I get that Jay and I sorry for just assuming the worst from you. You deserve way better than that and I'm gonna give that to you. We not gonna be perfect you right but we perfect together and I don't want that to change. You my everything and I know I gotta get you to trust me again and you don't have to worry bout that I got you mamas."

"I love you Dante Young. Please don't do me wrong again" she said wiping her tears and sucking her thumb going back to sleep. I kissed her forehead and held her "I love you more Jailah Monè Smith"