TWENTY-NINE

The Who: Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere

My goodbye party was tonight and it rolled around faster than I was able to say 'cheerio, London'. That's in Josh's words, not mine. The apartment was already packed up and most of my stuff was currently in an airplane on their way to London. I was staying with Josh and Alyssa this past week, and it was really nice to have that time to say a proper goodbye to them. I contemplated telling Harry that I was moving to London, but he made no effort to contact me in the past two months. I guess that was his way of telling me he didn't have the patience to work on our relationship. It was better that it ended like that, in it's initial stages, than it having dragged on for months. It hurt a bit less.

The Uber driver dropped me off in front of a club I'd never been to, but Josh claimed it was the perfect place to have this party at. There was nobody out front, so I stopped to have a smoke before going in. My parents were over the moon about me moving closer to home, my childhood best friend that lived in London was so happy we'd be in the same city and she helped me find a little flat in Wandsworth. It was so strange to me how one minute I was living in the US and the next I had a flat rented in London... life truly was a flip of a coin.

"Happy goodbye party!", Josh jumped me with his phone, 'documenting my last day as an inhabitant of the DC area', and I saw Lil' and Jack with their respective spouses, more people that worked with me, Chris and the band, all behind Josh with drinks in their hands, celebrating a fresh start in my life.

"Guys, this looks incredible.", Alyssa saved me from Josh's camera antics and showed me around the club they'd rented just for us. There were Union Jack's everywhere, there was a station with British cocktails and a little table at which you could grab a cuppa with a twist, tea mixed with whiskey or brandy. They thought of everything.

"What can I get you, ma'am?", the bartender with a top hat asked and Chris appeared beside me, "She'll have a Pimm's and I'll have a Juniper Sling.".

"I have absolutely no idea what you just ordered, but I'm trusting you with my liver for the night. Hi! Thank you so much for coming all the way to DC for this.", I hugged him, knowing he was probably ecstatic that I was moving to the UK, his motherland.

"You know I'd go anywhere if it's for ya. How have you been? This is a sudden move, you're sure it has nothing to do with a lad whose name we're not mentioning?", Chris saw right through all of my white lies when it came to Harry. He never questioned why I was avoiding the topic of my boyfriend or manfriend, or whatever we wanted to call him, though.

"It's got nothing to do with that mess, I promise. Lil' told me there was a job opening in her friend's firm in London and I jumped at the opportunity to be back on the mainland. Harry doesn't even know. We haven't talked since I left Portugal."

"I'm happy you're doing this for you, because you really aren't cut out for the American life. I am, however, sad that things ended between you two... I really thought you'd stay together.", he said truthfully.

"I'm a tough one to love, you know that. It wasn't meant to be, I guess. But, enough of that! Let's get pissed on Pimm's.", it turned out that Pimm's was a gin-based fruit cup and I learned I could drink a lot of them. We danced along to British rock classics and threw in a bit of Abba for good measure. Josh and Alyssa had to carry me home, but I regretted nothing. The only way I'd remain tear-free was to get really drunk and hope it flips me over to the happy side. Luckily, my plan worked.

*Harry's P.O.V.*

My phone buzzed with a notification from Josh's Instagram account. I may have followed him from one of my 'fake' accounts, which was  something I did often to discretely creep on people I knew in real life but didn't want them knowing I followed them on social media. When I unlocked my phone and clicked on the notification I was met with her face... Josh yelled something about a goodbye party and the camera panned from her smiling lips to her bosses and even Chris and the rest of Coldplay. She was moving from DC. Where the hell was she going? Why didn't she tell me? I wanted to text Josh and see what this goodbye party was about, but it felt creepy and invasive. She decided not to stay in touch with me and as much as it pained me, I had to respect her wishes.