THIRTY-EIGHT

Norah Jones: Come Away With Me

Dear Harry, my love.

There truly are no ways to express how much having you in my life means, but I'll try. Emotions aren't my stronger suit, I thought maybe writing them down could help.

Did you know I almost didn't go to the Christmas Ball in DC last year? Thanks to Josh, who threatened to end our friendship if I didn't show, we met. It's all really funny, how things change so quickly. I feel like I've somehow known you my entire life, even thought it's been only a year. One hell of a year, to say the least... eh? You've opened my eyes to many incredible experiences and feelings, for which I will be eternally indebted to you. You've taught me how to love and, most importantly, you're the first man that's made me want to step out of my shell and create a door in the sky high walls that surround my heart. It was all worth it. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for believing in me and loving me the way you did... the way you do. Nobody can do it better than you, that's something I'm sure of. I may not say it often but I absolutely adore you. Everything you do makes me happy. The way you wake up so painfully slow, opening one eye at a time and the way you're not really a functional human until you've had half a cup of coffee and a toast. The way you're thoughtful to a fault, always thinking of others before than of yourself. The way you love with your whole heart, openly and vulnerably. The way you kiss like there is no tomorrow, like my lips are the water in the middle of a drought. The way you dance backwards, smiling while you're doing it. The way you taste food with your tongue before you eat it. The way you make me feel safe and loved, more than anyone ever has or will. I'm not easy to love, I know that.

You are the only person that's ever known all that I am and chose to stay. My bad and good sides, my annoying habits and my hard working character. You read me like a book, even when I close the pages shut and lock myself away in a drawer. I don't know how you do it, but I never want anyone to do it, but you. Thank you for being in my life and allowing me into yours, it's a privilege I'll never take for granted. Wherever life leads us, I know I'll be alright as long as I have you by my side.

Yours (forever and always),

Teacup