FORTY-ONE

Heartless Bastards: Only For You

The festival weekend came quicker than we thought it would, and the entire team was working on it around the clock. Ticket sales were mental, the site crashed multiple times the first day they went live and Harry's team was really excited. We envisioned a country weekend vibe with tents, wellies and string lights all around, making the space feel more like a bonfire than a full on festival. Harry would be performing both nights and his guests included Lewis Capaldi, The Who, some smaller British singers and a surprise performance by Niall on the second night. The stage design wasn't very complex and we tried to keep the extravagance at a minimum because the location was already complicated enough. Harry and I didn't fight over this anymore, we'd both come to terms that we were in this situation now and we needed to make the best of it. I hoped he understood it was a one time thing, but I was afraid that this would only make him want to work with me more. He'd be singing the new album live for the first time, which made him really nervous and I had to keep reminding him how nervous he was for Fine Line to come out and how well that turned out. Nothing helped.

"Love, we've got to go or I'll be late and the crew will arrive before me, come on.", I stood by the front door with both our bags packed and waited for Harry to come down from our bedroom. I had no idea where the hold up was, but he'd better show up in less then a minute, I hated arriving to an event after the crew.

"Coming!", he appeared suddenly, hauling two more bags behind him.

"Harry it's in Penrith, you're not travelling to Australia for this thing, what will you do with all that stuff?", noticeably nervous, he just waved me off and grabbed his car keys, dropping the luggage into his trunk and starting the car. The ride was very quiet, I didn't want to attribute to his already messy train of thought so I just kept to myself and typed away on my phone. He didn't even play any music in the car, and that was unheard of for a Harry Styles road trip.

"Let's go drop our bags at the cabin and then we'll go meet with the crew, see where we're at.", Gemma, Anne and Michal would join us later in the day, but I kept that a surprise for Harry. He'll love having his family here for such a big event. We had to be pretty careful moving around the festival grounds because people were starting to gather around certain areas and we didn't want to get mobbed by fans. Some grainy images of Harry and I surfaced on Twitter which meant we'd been spotted, but it wasn't anything to worry about since he had security on him at all times and we were protected. Gemma texted me they got to the cabin right as Harry was about to do the first soundcheck of the day so I sneaked off to greet them and bring them along to watch.

"You had a good trip up here?", Anne and Gem were waiting by the door as Michal brought their stuff in.

"Yes dear, it was alright. How is he?", Anne hugged me and I searched for wellies, since there was mud everywhere.

"He's really nervous, but as soon as he gets up on the stage tonight, it'll all be fine. Come on, he doesn't know you're coming and I can't wait to see his reaction.", we made our way to the main stage, where he was fixing his earpiece and the band was getting ready to start. Harry spotted us right away and a big smile painted his lovely face even more beautiful. It was a safety net for him to have all of us at the event, for such a big thing like the release of a new record. The lighting engineer needed me to do the final check with her, so I left him to perform and we'd all meet up later to have drinks before the big moment.

"Yeah Garret, just position it a little higher, Lisa can show you what I mean!", I felt a pair of strong hands hug me from behind while I was giving the lights experts instructions on the stage reflectors.

"Thank you for bringing my family today, it was exactly what I needed.", Harry kissed the back of my head, "I love you.".

"No problem, my love, I thought that ought to make you feel better. How was soundcheck?"