we go down together

✈︎

Today would be their last fun day together. The next day would include packing up most of El's things, but this was one of their last days together and for sure they would make it count. They wouldn't waste a single second without being with each other.

Mike had spent the night at her house the day before, as he would for the next two days. Something he adored just as much as falling asleep with her by his side, was waking up with her. Somehow she always had a small smile on her lips as she was glued to his side, her arms wrapped around him and her head resting on his chest and Mike couldn't help but stare until she woke up.

The bright sunlight peeked through the side of her curtains and landed right on her face, making her features glow even more than usual. Mike's hand that was resting by her head found its way to her soft, golden curls and he gently played with it in his fingers. It was always a miracle to him how it was so soft, like he was touching the finest of silk.

Somehow she was always in the center of his head, even when he was sleeping, all he thought about was her. Not bad things, not at all, more like the playful and happy side Mike knew best. Sometimes it was different things in his dreams, but lately all of his dreams had been nothing but bad. They weren't happy, or playful, or nice dreams at all. It was one of his worst fears, her getting torn away from him.

The past week all of his dreams were of different things revolved around her getting somehow slipping out of his grip. Mike hadn't told her about the dreams, trying to wake up as quiet as possible, not letting anything out, for he didn't want her to worry about him. He wanted to be the least of her worries but that wouldn't be the case.

El was worried about Mike, she knew he would be devastated once she left for Italy but she didn't know how bad he would really get. Ever since she found out she was going to Italy this summer, worrying about him was all she ever did. What if something happened and she wasn't there for him?

She would never forgive herself if something happened to him and the cause of it was her.

But now here she is, fast asleep, the worry out of her mind for now until she woke up. Which would not be long until she did, but in the meantime Mike could enjoy his time with her because in two days she would be gone.

Soon enough the sun in her face got too irritating and her eyes fluttered open. She brought her hand up to her eyes and rubbed the sleep off of them, before glancing up to Mike who was staring at the ceiling, trying to act like he was not just staring at her for 15 minutes.

She squirmed out of his hold, which he disagreed with a small whine but El ignored it as she walked to her bathroom. If she didn't leave sooner she might have peed her pants, and neither of them wanted that, but soon enough she returned. El jumped right back onto her bed and cuddled up next to him again.

"Hi." She greeted warmly, "Hi." He replied, slightly moving his head so he was staring at her now. "How did you sleep?" She asked, unaware of the awful nightmare he had. "Good," He knew it was bad to lie to her, and honestly he was surprised how she hadn't noticed it yet.

"Dream about me?" She teased, "Always." Mike replied with a chuckle. El then turned so she was laying on her stomach and rested her head on his arm, "So, what are we doing today?" She asked. "Um, I don't know what-"

"Great because I want to go rollerskating." She interrupted. Mike groaned, "Rollerskating? You know I suck ass at that!"

"Exactly! I would like to see how silly you look on skates!" She exclaimed. "Elllll.." Mike whined, he knew what he would look like roller skating and it wasn't very pleasing. His long legs would scramble all over and he would definitely fall multiple times due to his clumsiness.