that's my person

Song: Falling in Love by Cigarettes After Sex

✈︎

El paced impatiently in the airport as she waited for her best friend to walk out from the hallway. His flight landed minutes ago, so it would take probably about 15 minutes for him to get through security and get his suitcase. But 15 minutes couldn't pass by any faster.

Sofia waited with her and watched her friend as she paced in front of her. "El, will you please stop pacing?"

"Sorry.. just excited." She said as she stopped walking and stood by her side. "Excited to tell him your undying love for him?" She teased, nudging her with her elbow.

"I'm not doing it now, Sof." El mumbled. Sofia rolled her blue eyes and sighed. "Well when are you going to do it?"

"When the time is right, now stop pressuring me!" El snapped as she picked her nails nervously.

"Fine.. sorry." Sofia muttered, looking around the airport for any signs of the raven head. Sofia looked back at El, whose eyes were flicking around the airport.

Finally she saw him walking into the main lobby and the world around her stopped. El could've sworn her heart skipped a few beats just from the sight of him. A smile quickly stretched onto her face as she ran towards him.

El crashed into him burying her face in his shirt and making him stumble on his feet and almost lose his balance. Luckily he caught his balance before he fell to the ground like the last time. He wrapped his arms around her and the scent of vanilla radiated off of her, giving him the sensation of home like no other.

She finally pulled away from the tight hug, but still kept every inch of closeness between them. She brought her hands up to his cheeks and smiled even bigger. Mike  smiled down at her and they simply stared down at each other, examining every aspect of one anothers face.

El's hands slowly traveled off of his face and back around his neck as she hugged him one more time. The feeling of being held by Mike Wheeler was simply something El couldn't even put into words. She felt safe, and loved.

"Ah I got that all on video, haha!" Sofia exclaimed, which made the pair break apart and stare at the blond.

"What? Future memories to look back on when your old and married with 3 kids and 6 grandchildren? One child of course named after me, which will be your favorite, youngest child things. Two girls and one boy, and you'll probably have at least one dog. A golden retriever because they are a top choice for families because of their reliability, it will most likely be named Coco. Oh, and you'll live in this cute little house in the Italian countryside with a white picket fence, and in your backyard is a big garden filled with flowers and a patio where El can paint. In the evenings you'll take little walks through the garden and probably gush about how much you love each other. On the Saturday nights I'll come over and visit with the kids while you two take a trip out to the city to relax and get away from the kids, because honestly, they're driving you nuts. But then-"

"Sofia?" El said quickly, interrupting the blond.

"What?"

"Enough."

Sofia whined and rolled her eyes. "I'm just saying! But don't come to me in like 15 years and say: Oh Sofia, you were right! Which is why we're going to name our third kid after you! And if you say that I'm going to laugh in your face!"

The pair looked at her with red faces before they turned back to each other. "So.. how was your flight?" El asked, trying to ignore everything Sofia just said. Although she wouldn't mind if that happened to be their fate.