your world

Song: Just the Two of Us by Grover Washington Jr.

✈︎

"Rise and shine, lovebirds!" Sofia said loudly as she barged into the room, turning the lights on in the process. El groaned and pushed her face into her pillow, Mike mumbled something at Sofia which sounded like: "Go away" but the blond couldn't really tell.

"Guys please, it's nearly noon!" She scoffed, flopping herself dramatically on the edge of El's bed. "Whatever," mumbled Mike. "Um not whatever. We're going to an aquarium today and Anthony is coming to pick us up in an hour, so get up!"

"An aquarium?" El mumbled, lifting her head and squinting at her friend. "Yes. An aquarium. You know it has fish in it?" She said sarcastically.

"I know what it is." El said groggily.

"Great. Now get up before I separate you two."

"How are you going to go about doing that, blondie?" Mike asked with a yawn.

"I don't know! Don't doubt me, though. And don't call me blondie!"

El rolled her eyes, "Okay.. guess we should get up, then. C'mon," El said, sitting up and tapping Mike's nose. "I'm still tired." He pouted.

"You've been sleeping since 1 o'clock yesterday, it is now past noon. That's over a full 24 hours, how can you still be tired?!"

"I don't know," He shrugged before pulling her by the waist so she was laying next to him again. "Mike, seriously. We have to get up! I look like a mess, and I need to shower." She huffed, sitting up again.

"You look beautiful and you smell fine, don't leavee!" He whined.

"I'm leaving, so get up and get ready. We've already wasted like 10 minutes."

Mike huffed. "Fine."

"I put your suitcase over there, find something to wear." El instructed as she walked over to the bathroom.

"Yeah, yeah." He dismissed, finally getting up. He found a random shirt and pants and quickly put them on before walking over to the kitchen where Sofia was sitting.

"You hungry?" She asked, putting her pencil down on her sketchbook. Now that he thought about it, he hasn't eaten anything since yesterday morning.

"Yeah." He responded, the feeling of his empty stomach was quick to return.

"Do you want toast? We have a few frozen waffles left.. um, oh I can make you eggs! We also have cereal but it's just Cheerios so nothing exciting. Whatever you want."

"Oh. I'll just have toast, I guess.." He replied quietly. "Okay what do you want on it. We have strawberry jelly, avocados, just butter.." Sofia suggested as he placed 2 slices of toast in the toaster. 

"Jelly is fine." Mike shrugged, sitting down at the counter. Sofia stood on the other side of the counter in front of Mike and crossed her arms. Mike looked at her curiously. "What?"

"So.."

"So..?" Mike repeated questionably, wondering why she was looking at him like that. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" She asked innocently. Mike rolled his eyes, "C'mon spit it out."

Sofia shrugged and picked at her nails, annoying Mike further. "I was thinking last night.." She started. "And I was like.. 'Hm, how could I help the lovebugs out?' and then I was like.. 'Hm, I'll leave them alone tomorrow and see if anything happens' So, hold up on your part of it and just tell her!"