𝐻𝓊𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔- Chapter 1.

Octavia's POV :

I need to get out of here, out of my head.
As I walk this empty street, I can't help the demons inside my head, waiting to feed off of any and all insecurities that fill my mind.

It's been weeks since I escaped the hellhole I once called my home, the place that fills my emptiness when I'm alone.
Home. Something that I lost and something I didn't even have to begin with.
Being used for everything I've got.. well had.
I've lost my fight, my strength to go on.

The sound of heavy footsteps is enough to drag me from this empty pit.
Am I being followed? No way? - right ?.

" What is a young thing like you doing out at this time?. " Is he talking to me?. He's definitely talking to me- no sane person is out at this time.
I choose to ignore him, continuing my venture to no where.

" Oi, I'm talking to you!. " His tone has lost all calmness.
Without thinking, I reply.
" Me?, what do you want?. " I turn to the man before me, he is fairly large, built around the stomach, definitely too many late night beers within that stomach of his. His face is gruff with facial hair that hasn't been tamed in weeks, and well- his hair has obviously vanished with age.
You could kill him. The voice in my head decides to speak up.
" No !. " I try to tame the voice in my head, having a silent battle within myself.

" I said, what is a young thing like you doing out here at this time. " I Scoff at the man. If anyone isn't safe out here, it's him. No one is safe around me.

" Just heading home. " I lie. First step to survival- act as though you have a place to go.
" How about you come home with me instead, sweet pea. " SWEET PEA? Who does this man think he is.
"I'm okay, thank you though. Enjoy your night." I turn away from the man, hoping he will leave me alone.
" It wasn't a question. " before I can react, he is pulling me by my shoulder.
" Get your fucking hands off of me. " I grit my teeth.
Within seconds, his lips are on mine. His rough hands trying to explore my body.
I push him off of me, ready to run if needed.
Kill him. That voice getting to me again.
I'm shaking. Adrenaline slowly taking over.
I could end him right here and now, yet I don't. And hopefully, I won't.

His hands find me again, but this time, I fight back.
Within a moment I have him on his back, straddling him with my thighs either side.
It's as if he thinks I'm going to give him what he wants, the smile on his face is almost sickening.
" This is your last chance, you either leave me alone or I finish you off, right here. " I'm not much of a talker and I almost shocked myself at the amount of words I just gave to the man under me.
" Give me all you've got, sweet pea. "
Let me at him. It's as if the voice has taken over me completely, Punch after punch I watch the man under me lose consciousness.
Blood is splattering over me, but it only fuels me more. No man will touch us again. I smile at this, perhaps I should let her take the reigns more often.

Before I can lay another hit on my opponent, I hear a shocked scream behind me.
It's as if it had tamed the beast.
I turn to the cause of this and all of my rage is gone. There stands, a pregnant brunette.
I stand up, hands in the air in a way of surrender.

" Are you okay!?. " Am I okay? Is this girl insane?, she just witnessed me beating a guy half to death.
" I'm fine. " I look down, ready to walk away.
" What happened?. " Is she serious ? Who asks a bloody, stranger, what happened?.
" He attacked me. " Already feeling I've said to much, I start to walk in the opposite direction.
" Wait, stop!. " I stop in my tracks, with my back still turned to the brunette.
" Let me patch your hands up, I'm a doctor. " She wants to help me?. After that?.
I decide to not answer and just walk towards her. Stopping right in front of her.
I need to get to my bike. I need to ride away. From here. From her.
" Come with me, my house is just a few blocks away, my car is right around the corner. " She smiles at me.
" I have a bike, it's just up the road. " She smirks at this, perhaps she's a bike girl too?.